8. Breakup

Wednesday Addams

"Thing. I came to a conclusion that took a few days for me to figure out. I may have an insight of who could have mocked me and tried to kill Yoko."

Who could it be? Thing stopped what he was doing and paid attention to me.

"A normie," I blurted out.

Convince me.

"According to my investigation board, I listed all of Yoko's friends. There's Bianca, Divina, Ajax, Xavier, and Enid. None of them are normies, and none of them would poison Yoko. Bianca and Divina were in the bathroom during the time Yoko's drink was poisoned. Ajax and Xavier didn't attend the festival because those two were forced to stay in their dorms for pulling a joke on another outcast. I don't need to explain about Enid."

So far so good.

"The only normie I know who was at the carnival was Tyler. I remember him saying that he wasn't into mythical creatures, mainly werewolves when we went to check out Enid's club. If he really is Unknown, why attack Yoko and not Enid considering he dislikes lycanthropes?" I continued my theory.

I see your point of view. Do you think it's Tyler who is behind all of this?

"I really can't say. Tyler did leave the fair before Tanaka's drink was drugged. I'll rule him out for now," I grabbed a sharpie and put an X mark on a picture of Tyler while everyone else was already crossed off.

"There's a normie out there who hates freaks with abilities. There's not many that I met to be known as an acquaintance. A way I can get a trace to see who is Unknown is through my vision. It comes once in a while. That's a big problem for me."

There must be another way to get more clues.

"I agree," I stood back to view my work filled with red strings, tacks, pictures, and words.

While observing, Enid appeared from the door. I turned my head to see her eyes, in a flash, meet mine. Of course, she lifted the corner of her lips, always happy to see me. In her hands is a tray of my lunch. I would never tell Enid, but I'm in debt that she brings me lunch. I'm used to her bringing me food.

"Howdy roomie! Are you still working on your detective job?"

"I finished. I provided Thing with an idea that a normie might have tainted Yoko's drink," I predicted while going towards my roommate.

"A normie huh? The only one I can think of is your boyfriend," Enid passed my plate over to me.

'You don't have feelings for him. Therefore, you should break up with him.'

"The boyfriend I don't have feelings for. I should break his heart and twist it in many ways tomorrow. It's time I end our relationship," I was reminded of the conversation Enid and I had a while back.

"You really are going through with it!?" Her jaw dropped.

"Yes. I don't see the point of the relationship going any further if I don't show any emotions such as love. Tyler thinks I'm in love with him. He's delusional."

"It's going to hurt him. Try not to be too cruel," Enid gave me a heads up which I disregarded.

"I can tell him cruel words, and he would think of it as a sign of love. Not this time," I narrowed my eyes.

"How long have you guys dated for?"

"I don't know, nor do I care. After I breakup with Tyler, I won't permit another soul to be in a relationship with me," I added.