7. The First Victim

Wednesday Addams

Never have I ever felt compassionate to a human being. Not a drop of affection, happiness, or love. I don't understand them enough to know how each emotion feels or how to identify them. I know them as feelings. That is it.

"I cannot wait to go to the Harvest festival! It'll be a way better experience than last year," Enid could not contain her excitement.

"I despise anything that is too bright and loud," I was looking for my jacket in the closet I own.

"It's not so bad. Yoko and I made an agreement to go separately. That means I'm going with you!" My roommate hopped out of bed and skipped happily to the middle of the room.

I scowled by responding, "You remind me of Tyler."

"Please don't compare me to him," she growled right away.

Enid didn't sound too pleasant when Tyler's name was brought up. The way she pronounced her sentence wasn't pure. It was filled with bitterness. And not her typically sweet voice.

Sweet voice?

"Why not?" I left the closet after finding my jacket and put it on in front of Enid.

"Because he's a jerk to me," she simply stated with her eyebrows curved to her glabella.

"In what way?" I inquired as my jaw tensed voluntarily.

"He's your boyfriend. I shouldn't really say or else you'll hate him."

Boyfriend. I despise that word.

"I already loathe him. Now tell me how he is a jerk to you," I demanded.

"I try to be polite to Tyler, but he keeps acting like I am trying to start a fight. It's really irritating. You know how I act. No matter who or what you are, I always welcome people with open arms," Sinclair portrayed.

"He is an imbecile. Don't listen to what Galpin has to say. I will be sure to put him in his place the next time I catch him."

Am I... being defensive for Enid?

"Don't worry about me, Wednesday. I can handle a good old normie," the werewolf extended her rainbow claws to show off.

"I'm not worried. I'm using your situation as an advantage to inflict pain on Tyler," I made up an excuse to cover my slip up.

"There's no need to give someone pain. Unless they hurt you or me, I can take care of them."

"It's the first devious statement I heard from you," I almost smirked but caught myself in time.

Enid lightly chuckled and lifted her head as she's proud of herself.

"Are you ready to go?"

"I have no choice but to be ready. Thing, let's go," I glanced from behind to see Thing crawl off my bed and to me.

Enid and I gazed at each other and nodded at the same time before walking side by side to the door. I opened it and let the both of us exit the room. From the hallway to the bottom of the stairs was Enid's cue to begin chatting about nonsense. I listened and hardly replied to whatever gossip she blurts out unless it's a question for me.

The entire ride with Enid as we made our way to Jericho was not a bumpy road. Principal Weems offered us a ride in her car. She was carefree and checked up on us to see how we were settling at the academy. Enid and Weems chatted more about the Freaky Friday club. I didn't bother to interrupt or be included in the discussion as I hardly had any interests.