Chapter 52

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter wasn't posted sooner. If you read the messages I sent on wattpad, you know why.

*****

Nathaniel's POV

"I need to go to the restroom," I told my sister as we walked towards the exit.

"Do you want me to wait here or outside?" She asked in turn, looking up and down the empty hallway. We were amongst the last to leave the school as we had to stop by the principal's office. Val was to blame for that; she'd gotten into an argument with one of our teachers.

"Outside," I replied. Maybe some of our classmates hadn't left the parking lot and could keep her company.

She nodded and walked forward while I took a turn right and headed for the restrooms. I opened the door and walked in. I could hear sounds coming from one of the cubicles, but other than that, the place was empty.

I entered another of the cubicles and unzipped my jeans. I heard a door open, then the swoosh of water as the other person washed their hands. Finishing my activity, I pulled the zipper up and got out. My mouth formed into an o when I realized who that other person was.

Hunter seemed surprised to see me too, but he quickly changed his expression and smirked. Leaning backwards on the sink, he watched me as I walked towards him and turned on the tap.

"Hi," I greeted quietly.

"Hey," he replied, his voice stronger than mine. "How was your day?"

"Strange," I admitted, imitating his pose once I'd washed my hands. "There was this girl today." I carefully observed his reaction; he didn't seem particularly interested in what I was telling him.

"Stacey." When I said her name, he raised an eyebrow. "You know her, right?"

He nodded.

"Did you order her to flirt with me?"

His eyes rounded and then he laughed.

"Why would I do that?"

"To cover for me." Now that I'd uttered it aloud, I realized how stupid that sounded. Hunter must've thought that too as his mouth went flat.

"Cover for you." He repeated, his tine cool.

"I mean... You know, so that people wouldn't see me staring at you," I mumbled, my gaze falling to the muddy floor. "Or if they see me staring, they wouldn't think much of it because they've also seen me with a girl."

I heard him sigh. His fingers lifted my chin up and I immediately looked about the restroom.

"We are probably the only ones in school at this time," he tried to calm me and I bit my lower lip.

"Just one quick kiss," I replied and before he could react, I pecked him over the lips and sped walked towards the door. I opened it a few inches, but he pushed it close again. I turned towards him and he shoved me, my back hitting the door. He leaned on my body.

"I didn't agree to just a quick one," he purred, lowering his head and placing a kiss on my neck. I tilted my head to the side and groaned.

"Hunter... Someone might see."

"So?"

I pushed him back and he laughed again.

"Alright, alright; we'll be careful." But right after he said that, he tried to kiss me again.