Chapter 1: New Life

A loud alarm rang through my room, yelling at me to get up. I reached over to turn it off, fumbling around for it. Once I finally got the intrusive alarm shut off, I collapsed back onto my bed. Before I could fall back asleep, though, my dad poked his head into my room.

"Olivia! Time to get up! We have a long day ahead of us." He said as he turned my light on.

"I'm up, I'm up" I grumble as I hide under my sheets trying to escape the light. I finally climb out of bed and stumble to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and hair and start getting everything packed. Today we are moving to Washington. All the way across the country. If it was my choice we should have stayed but my parents both work for Walmart and we're being moved to a new area that needs more computer engineers. And my dad just happens to be one so... yay.

I should probably introduce myself. Hi my name is Olivia Fraser. I'm 16 years old and I have 2 younger sisters Reagan and Hanna, they are both 12 years old. They are twins if you didn't get it. Anywho we are from Rogers Arkansas and I just got my drivers license. Ok enough intro back to the story.

After I get everything ready, I pour myself a bowl of cereal and decide to facetime two of my closest friends: Gianna and Lilly. It takes a minute for them to pick up but they finally do.

"Hey girl!" Gianna says as her face lights up the screen.

"Hey." Lilly responds.

"Sorry for just calling y'all out of the blue, but I just wanted to say bye before we hit the road." I explain. "I'm gonna miss y'all."

"I'm gonna miss you too" Sophia said.

"Me too. But we can FaceTime every weekend." Brianna added.

"I know but it won't be the same." I respond. "I'm gonna miss having y'all as running buddies. I'll have to convince my mom to let me run on my my own." I grimaced at the thought.

Gianna laughed. "Good luck with that."

"Livvy! Are you ready to go!" Hanna yelled.

"Almost!" I called back. "Well, I gotta go. I'll FaceTime y'all again once we land." I said.

"See ya." Lilly said and hung up.

"Bye Olivia. See you later!" Gi says.

I turn off my phone and throw away the paper bowl and plastic fork I used. I grab my suitcase and my busy bag and head to the Uber. Our cars were getting delivered to our new house.

The only good thing we get out of this is we are close to the beach but the down side is that it hardly ever gets above 70°F. Some of y'all might think that's warm. And it is. Just that I'm from the south and am used to 100 degree weather with humidity in the summer. So yeah below 70 is chilly for me.

We arrive at the airport and make our way to our gate. Once we get there we take turns using the restroom and buying snacks. I'm not surprised when Reagan buys a big pack of mintos. She lives off those things. I just get some Skittles and a coconut drink

Eventually we board the plane and take off. I put my ear buds in and turned on some music. I smile as Fancy by Reba McEntire came on. I started to mumble the words.

"Well I remember it very well lookin' back
It was the summer I turned 18
We lived in a one room run down shack in the outskirts of new Orleans"

I looked out the window as we flew over the Ozark Mts.

"She handed me a heart shaped locket that said
'to thine own self be true'
And I shivered as I watched a roach crawl across
The toe of my high heel shoe
I sounded like somebody else, it was talkin'
Askin', 'Mama, What do I ?"
She said 'just be nice to the gentleman Fancy
They'll be nice to you'"

I looked over and saw my mom smile warmly at me. I returned the look and turned back to the window. Maybe it was going to be good to move. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to make new friends.

If only I had known...

Word count: 810

A/N hopefully you liked the first chapter. I kinda sped it up a little in the end so. I didn't want to drag through the boring stuff. If I made any grammar mistakes please let me know so I can fix it.

:)