Chapter 16: Nightmare

I was back at the Clearwater's house and watched as Leah tore through Paul. His limp body hit the ground and I ran over to him. I shook him but got no response.

"Paul. Paul wake up." I said as tears ran down my face. I turned his body over and his lifeless face stared back at me. I screamed and jerked back.

"Olivia! Wake up!" I jerked awake. It had been three days since the incident and I have had nightmares every night.

"Are you ok?" My dad asked. I nodded and wiped the tears from my face. He must have heard me crying.

"Is this about what happened at Sue's? Do you need me to call Paul? I'll call Paul." My mom rushed, walking out of my room to find her phone.

"No you don't need to bother him." I sighed. I hadn't told Paul about my nightmares because I didn't want him to worry. Today was the day he was getting his stitches out. I didn't want him to stress more than he needed to.

A few minutes after my mom left to call Paul my phone rang. I put down my hairbrush and looked to see who was calling. Surprise surprise it was Paul.

"Hello." I said as I picked up.

"Why didn't you tell me you were having nightmares?" His tone was serious.

"I didn't want to worry you. Your already stressed as it is, I didn't want to add to it." I said quietly.

"Don't worry about my stress. I want to help you and I can't do that if you don't tell me things." I hear what sounded like keys jingling.

"What are you doing? You should be in bed."

"I'm heading over to you. I only had two days of bed rest, remember?"

"Just because you're not on bed rest doesn't mean you should drive."

"I'm already in the car. See you soon.  Bye."

"Bye?" I hung up and sighed. That man is going to be the death of me. I headed downstairs and made my way to the kitchen. I got some breakfast and sat across from my mom.

"Paul is going to be here in a few minutes." I said before biting into my pop tart.

"Why is he coming over?"

"Probably because you called him. I told you I was fine."

"Your tear stained face says otherwise."

"But you didn't have to call him. He's just gonna worry more."

"You guys need to be there for each other. You don't need to suffer alone. And if y'all go upstairs, keep the door open." She said with a smirk.

"Mom!" I exclaim. Just then the door bell rang. "I'll get it." I sighed and slumped over to the door. As soon as I opened the door Paul was inside.

"We need to talk." Without waiting for my answer he grabbed my arm and dragged me upstairs. "Good morning Mrs. Frasier. We'll be upstate if you need anything." He called to my mom as we made our way upstairs.

"Good morning Paul. Make sure you keep the door open." She called back.

As soon as we got to my room. Paul closed the door most of the way, leaving a small opening. I loved loop holes.

He turned from the door and looked me in the eye. "So, are you gonna tell me what your nightmare was about." It was a statement, not a question.

"I'd rather not." I went over to my bed and sat down. He came over and sat next to me.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me."

"How is me telling you what happened gonna help?"

"I can make sure it doesn't happen."

"But it already happened. So you can't stop it."

"Is this about what happened with Leah?" He asked softly, brushing some hair out of my face. I looked away as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Maybe." I said quietly, but I knew he could hear me.

"Livvy nothing irreversible happened."

"She killed you." A tear slipped out my eye.

"What?"

"In my nightmare she killed you and there was nothing I could do to stop it." Tears were flowing freely now.

"Hey. Look at me." He said seriously. I glanced up and met his eyes. "I'm fine. See I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. It's gonna take more than a few scratches to take me down." I nodded.

"But how can you be so sure?"

"This is true love. You think this happens everyday?" My face lit up.

"You watched the Princess bride!?"

"What else was I supposed to do when I was on bed arrest."

"You were not on bed arrest, you were recovering from an injury."

"I could have recovered on the couch but you made me stay in bed. So it was bed arrest."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"On a more serious note, we are imprints. We are supposed to tell each other when we are struggling. So if something like this happens again I don't want your mom calling saying that it has been happening for days."

"Yes I'll tell you." I said with a huff.

He pulled me into his lap. "You know I love you right?" I froze. We hadn't used the L word yet. "We're imprints, I've loved you since the day you ran into me."

I relaxed against him. "I love you too." He kissed the top of my head.

"Good."

We sat there for who knows how long. Neither of us saying a word.