Chapter 10: Flying lessons

Olivia POV.

Sam sent Embry Jacob and Seth on patrol as we went outside. Quill was helping his grandpa with something and Leah just left. So all the only people that were left were Sam, Paul, Jared, and Emily. But Emily was doing the dishes so it was just me and the boys.

"Ok so this shouldn't be two hard. Just jump off Paul's arm and flap your wings like crazy." Jared said like it was the easiest thing in the world.

'Easier said than done.' I grumble.

Trial 1:

I leped off Paul's arm and started flapping my wings. I was fine for like 2 seconds until I leaned down a little and almost nosedived. Luckily Paul caught me in time.

Trial 2:

I tried again doing the same thing but instead of leaning down I tried to stay flat. I ended up leaning up and started going higher. I freaked out and nosedived again. Oops.

Trial 3:

I did everything the same and I think I got the hang of it. I went up again but I didn't freak out. You know what they say, third time's a charm. I looked back down and saw the boys watching me with amazement. I flew back down to land. I carefully grabbed onto Paul's arm. I started shaking a little and my bones felt like they were rearranging.

Finally I thought. I was shifting back. Paul set me on the ground as I finished shifting. When it was done I looked down to see my clothes had reappeared on my body. That would have been embarrassing if they hadn't. I suddenly felt a wave of tiredness hit me and I leaned into Paul.

"It's ok I got you." He said softly in my ear, scoping me into his arms. "Let's get you inside." He carried me into the room he had stayed in last night and laid me on the bed. Then he kissed me on the forehead and left the room turning out the lights. I was out cold before he closed the door. Flying really does take a lot out of you.

------Time skip------

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was how dark it was. The sun must have set. The second thing I noticed was my phone ringing. The thing that had woken me up. I groaned and checked to see why it was ringing. I didn't have any alarms set for the afternoon. My screen was lit up with my friend's name and face. Gianna was face timing me.

"Girl where have you been! I called you like 100 times!" Gianna exclaimed when I picked up. "You had me and Lilly worried sick."

"Sorry I've been busy and I didn't have my phone on me." I said with a yawn.

"Did you just wake up?"

"I took a nap."

"Who are you talking to?" Paul asked as he entered the room.

"Just a friend." I said trying to get him to leave.

"Who was that." Gi asked, probably because she heard Paul.

"A friend from school." I told her.

"The one you did the English project with?"

"Yup." Paul came over to my side of the bed and tried to look at my screen.

"Hello Olivia's friend!" He said trying to see the screen.

"You never said it was a boy!" Gi said laughing at my panicked face. I was never going to live this down.

"I'll call you later. Bye!" I hung up. My face was burning. "I'm never going to live this down." I buried my face in my hands.

"You'll be fine." Paul laughed. "But on a more serious note we need to talk." Paul finally calmed down. "I know we just met but we need to talk about imprinting. I wanna know what your boundaries are and what you are comfortable with. And don't worry about me getting upset. I'm fine with whatever you're fine with."

I gave him a small smile before saying, "I would like to be in a romantic relationship with you but maybe we should take things slow for the first part at least."

"That's fine with me"He smiled and we sat in silence for about 10 seconds before we both leaned in. So much for taking things slow. In our defense we both imprinted so the pull was stronger. The kiss was slow and passionate. Eventually we pulled apart. "That was..."

"Awkward." Jared said from the door that was now open. "I would tell you to get a room but you already have one so..." He smirked. My face burned and I hid it in my hands.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked. My voice muffled from my hands.

"Long enough to know that you guys are definitely not taking it slow." He gave us a wink. "Also dinner is ready." With that he left.

"We are never going to hear the end of it are we?" I asked, Paul finally looking up.

"Nope." Paul said. "I'll let you change real quick." He gave me a peck on the cheek and left the room. I quickly changed into some new clothes and headed downstairs. It felt good to be human again.

"Glad to see you're finally awake." Emily said warmly. "Paul said you were out like a light before he even left the room."

"I guess being a bird takes a lot out of you." I said while grabbing some eggs. I was starving. "Hopefully it won't be like that every time."

"It won't be." Paul said coming up behind me, putting his hand on my waist while he grabbed a plate. We sat down next to each other and ate our breakfast. After we were done the boys got up and left, leaving their plates on the table.

"Excuse you." I said, "put your plate in the sink. Don't create more work for Emily." I said as I put my plate in the sink. The boys did as I said mumbling soft sorrys.

"Olivia you will be running patrol with either Paul or Jared for the next week or two." Sam said.

"Ok. Sounds good." I know nothing about patrol. Well, the easiest way to learn is to just start. Right?

"You will start tomorrow morning. Get some rest and you and Paul will be on patrol from 7-12."

"Yes sir."