Chapter 5: New Friend?

Olivia POV.

When I got home from school and after I put my bag up I went into the kitchen to find my mom. She was loading the dishwasher so I decided to help.

"So did you make any new friends at school?" My mom asked, passing me a dish to load.

"Yeah, I did. He helped me find my first hour." I replied, not noticing my mistake until it was too late.

"Oh, so it's a boy." Mom said with a smile, "was he cute?"

"Mom!" I exclaimed, fighting back a blush.

"But was he?"

"Yes," I signed. I thought back to Paul, his strong arms, cute smile, eyes like trees in the morning mist with hints of gol--his brown eyes. Plain brown eyes.

What is wrong with me. I just met this guy and I already have a small crush on him...not small but HUGE crush.

After we finished loading the dishes I went up to my room to start my homework. I was halfway through my math when I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it and saw that Paul had sent me a text.

Paul:
Hey I was wondering when we could get together for the English project?

Me:
I'm fine with whatever.

Paul:
We could meet up today if that works for you.

Me:
Ok. Let me go ask my mom real quick.
Where do you want to meet

Paul:
Ok!
Whatever is easiest for you.

I ran down stairs to find my mom on the couch. She paused her show and looked up at me.

"So I'm working on an English project with a friend from school. I was wondering if we could meet up today and work on it."

"Sure as long as it is here. I don't want you going to someone's house we don't know." My mom replied.

"Who's coming over?" My dad asked, entering the room.

"Just a friend from school. We are working on an English project together." I say, trying to get him to drop it.

"Does this friend have a name?" My dad questioned.

I sighed 'here goes nothing.' "His name is Paul."

"Paul as in Paul Lahote?" My dad said shocked.

"How did you know that?" I asked, getting suspicious.

"I know his dad. Y'all can meet up as long as it is here." My dad said, repeating my mother.

"Ok. Great!" I ran back upstairs to text Paul the news.

Me:
My mom said yes as long as we meet at my house.

Paul:
Awesome!
Send me your address and I will be there soon.

Me:
Ok!
(Insert random address here)

Paul:
See you soon!

I went downstairs to get the kitchen table set up for us to do our project. As I was finishing up my sister Reagan came in.

"So I heard you have a boyfriend." She smirked.

"I don't have a boyfriend we are just working together on an English project."

"Uhu right."

"Please don't do anything embarrassing while he is here."

"Ok!" She skipped off.

I sighed and sat down at the table. Right as I sat down the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Hannah yelled.

"No!" I raced after her. She got to the door seconds before I did and yanked it open.

Paul POV.

"Hello Olivia's non-boyfriend-friend from school." A girl about 11 said fighting back a laugh. A second later Olivia appeared behind her look both angry and embarrassed.

She pushed the younger girl out of the way and opened the door the rest of the way. "Sorry about her she wasn't supposed to answer the door." Olivia got louder as she finished her statement. Glaring at the younger girl who just cackled.

"It's fine." I said fighting back a laugh as I stepped inside.

"My sisters are going to leave us alone while we study. Right?" She said, directing it as much to the as to me.

"Sure we will." Her other sister said coming down the stairs with a criminal worthy smirk on her face. Something tells me we won't be left alone. Both her sisters were the same height and looked almost identical. If they weren't twins then I was a vampire.

"Ok. I set up a place for us to study in the kitchen." Olivia said walking towards said room. I followed her and sat down across from her.

"So what first." I asked.

"We should probably start with..." She laid out a plan and we got to work. The hours flew by and her sisters only bothered us once. We made plans to meet up again tomorrow at the same time. On my way out her dad called me over.

"You better look out for her. I know about your wolfie-ness and if you hurt her you are dead. Do you understand." He threatened.

"Yes sir." I said. "I would sooner kill myself than harm a hair on her head."

He glared. "So you wolf claimed her."

"It's called imprinting, sir"

"If you make her cry I will feed you to the vampires."

I gulped. "I would never do that, sir."

"Good." With that he turned and walked off. How did he know that. I'll need to talk to Sam about that later.

Olivia POV.

After Paul left I packed up my school stuff and headed back upstairs. "I thought he was just a friend." Reagan said.

"He is"

"Then why are you meeting up again tomorrow?"

"It's rude to eavesdrop."

"You didn't answer my question."

"We need to finish our project."

"Yeah right." She walked off with a smirk.

I sighed as I entered my room. Not too shabby for the first day. I opened my phone and started texting them how my day went. I left out the part about Paul being a guy otherwise I would never hear the end of it. After I was done I plugged my phone in and turned out my light. As I fell asleep I swear I could feel eyes on me from outside my window. From the woods.