Chapter 12: Bella

Olivia POV.

I woke up to someone brushing my hair out of my face.

"Good morning sleepy head." Paul mumbled with a sleepy smile.

"Good morning." I mumbled snuggling deeper into the bed.

"No, no we need to get up. We have a meeting at Jacob's, remember." Paul said pulling me into a sitting position. I groaned but got up. We got ready and went downstairs.

Sam was already waiting for us when we got there. Jared and Embry were in the kitchen trying to snag some breakfast. "Let's go." Sam said.

We got outside and started hiking through the woods. This could take awhile. We spent the time goofing off while Sam just laughed at us. Eventually we made it to Jacob's house, but when we got there a girl I had never seen before storming outside.

"What did you do to him!?!" She yelled shoving Sam. Does she have a death wish?

"What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you?" Paul growled.

"He told me nothing because he's scared of you!" She cried. We all share a look before we all start laughing. She looks at us like we are crazy before she decides to do the worst thing possible. She slapped Paul across the face. She is really living on the dangerous side of life today. Paul starts shaking. No might be a good time to run.

"Paul calm down now." Sam said sternly. Paul didn't listen. Not really surprised. Just then he exploded into a giant wolf. He snarled at the girl and was about to attack her when.

"Bella!" Jacob cried. Racing out towards us. So her name is Bella.

"Run! Jake, run!" Bella screamed. She started racing back towards the house. Jacob did run. Just not away from us. He leaped over her, shifting in the air and landed protectively in front of Bella. Jacob and Paul growled at each other before attacking. They rolled into the woods and I just shook my head.

"Boys." I muttered picking up Paul's shoes and what was left of his shorts.

"How are you all so calm about this! They just turned into wolves!" Bella cried.

"Not the first time and won't be the last." I said, giving her a smile.

"Take Bella back to Emily's." Sam said kicking off his shoes before running after the boys.

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag" Jared joked. He picked up Sam's shoes before heading to Bella's truck.

There was not enough room for all of us so Embry sat in the back and I flew ahead. But I waited until she was gone before shifting. When we got back the boys were making a bet about who won the fight.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him. Serves him right." Jared said

"No Jacob's a natural did you see him fase on the fly. I've got a fiver that says Paul doesn't touch him." The shook hands and headed inside.

"Come on in Bella." I said. "We don't bite."

"Speak for yourself." Jared said with a smirk.

We went inside to see Emily making some muffins. The boys sat down eagerly, waiting for Emily's famous muffins.

"Are you guys hungry?" Emily asked. "Like I have to ask." She turned around and saw Bella. "Who's this."

"Bella Swan. Who else." Jared said through a mouth full of food.

"So you're the vampire girl." Emily said handing me a muffin.

"So you're the wolf girl."

"I'm engaged to one." Emily put the plate of muffins on the table and both boys grabbed some more. She whacked them on head. "Save some for your brothers. And besides ladies first." She turned to Bella. "Muffin?"

"Thanks." She said taking it. We heard laughing coming from the front yard. Jacob and Paul were joking and pushing each other like they didn't just try to kill each other.

They came inside, Jake stood by Bella and Paul sat next to me.

"Sorry." He said in the most unapologetic way before grabbing a muffin. After stuffing it into his mouth he moved me into his lap. I leaned against him and gave Bella a glare. She gulped. She looked scared. Good.

"Knock it off would you." Jacob said glaring at me. I just glared back. "We're going for a walk." He grabbed Bella's hand and led her outside.

"Finally." I mumble.

"Looks like someone is getting protective." Jared grinned.

"Shut up. She just learned our secret and now gets to waltz off scot free." I replied. Grabbing another muffin.

"Uh-huh and it has nothing to do with the fact that she slapped Paul." Jared said. He smirked at my blush. "See you were getting protective."

"I thought it was hot." Paul said, kissing my head. I groaned and hid my face in his chest.

"Shut up." My face was burning. He just laughed. "I'm gonna go pack my stuff." I said just trying to get out of the room.

"I'll be up there in a minute to help." Paul called after me. When I got upstairs I grabbed my bag and threw the few things that I had taken out back in, not bothering to fold the clothes. I was almost done when Paul came in. "Are you going back in the morning or now?"

"We have the bonfire tonight. So probably either tomorrow or after the bonfire." I replied packing the rest of my stuff in my bag. I left out a hoodie for tonight since my body heat isn't as high as the boys. Apparently it's only a wolf thing not a bird thing. Oh well. "So about Bella." I said. He groaned. "Don't think you're getting away with shifting in front of her. I know she slapped you but that doesn't mean you wolf out on her."

"But she started it." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and burring his face in my neck. Swaying back and forth slightly.

"You sound like a child." I said, reaching back to run my fingers through his hair. I swear he started purring. "Are you purring?" I laugh.

"No." He hugged me tighter and buried his face deeper. I laughed louder. It's the small moments like this that are treasured the most.