Chapter 2: New House

We finally landed in Washington. 10 hours of flights. 10! Well anyway we took a taxi to our new house. Once we got there, and unloaded our stuff, we went inside. I was glad to see that our cars had already arrived, I wouldn't have to take the bus to school. As I started to take my sleeping back upstairs, our furniture would arrive late, I heard my mom call my name from the kitchen.

"What!" I responded as I turned around to go back downstairs.

"Don't stay up too late you have school on Monday." She instructed.

"Got it." I said and headed back upstairs only to hear Reagan and Hanna arguing with my dad.

"Why do we have to share a room!" Hannah cried. The house we moved to was a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house. So naturally my parents got one room and I got one and my little sisters had to share.

"Ya! Why does Livvy get her own room and we don't!" Reagan added.

My dad was about to respond when I butted in "'Cause I'm sixteen and y'all're twelve"

"Stop it Livvy your not a part of this" Hannah remarks.

"Well you said my name so I'm making myself a part of it" I sassed.

"Olivia's right." My dad interjected. "She's older and needs more space."

"That's not fair!" Reagan whined.

"Yes it is." I argued "do you want to be treated like a twelve year old when you're sixteen?"

"No." Hannah sighed.

"Okay then." I concluded. "Go finish unpacking." I started back to my new room. Once I got to my room I started to set up my sleeping bag. It was Saturday so I only had one day to catch up on sleep. Jet lag hits you hard. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep and before I knew it, it was morning.

As my alarm rudly woke me up I reached over and turned it off. After it was silenced I laid back down and fell back asleep. I woke up again about 2 hours later and finally decided to get up. I went downstairs and got some breakfast, trying not to think about school the next day. After eating something I started to feel a little more awake. I got my bag packed for the next day. After that I decided to relax and watch the next episode of Sweet Tooth.

After about 2 or 3 episodes my dad came in. "Get ready we're goin' on a run!" He stated, clapping his hands.

"Uhg" I groaned, getting off the couch passing the show. Just because I run cross country and track doesn't mean I want to run 24/7. I got dressed and met my dad by the front door. We started our warm up and set out. Hopefully we wouldn't get lost.

We didn't get lost and it actually felt nice. We did an easy 4 miles at about 9 minute mile pace. Once we got back I took a shower and we had dinner. I think I missed lunch. Oops. I went to bed soon after still feeling the jet lag from the day before.

I really need to change my alarm. I thought as I was once again rodly awoken. I turned it off and laid down for about 5 more minutes before I got up. I have to make a good impression today so I can't sleep in too late. I dressed in some loose ripped jeans with a daisy belt and a plain grey shirt and a teal flannel shacket (don't know what that is, search it up). I applied light makeup, just some eyeshadow, blush and, colored chapstick. I don't usually wear makeup but this is my first day at a new school. I don't want to show up like I just rolled out of bed. That's for later once I've already made friends.

I made my way downstairs and got some breakfast. "Ready for school?" My mom asked.

"I guess" I answered. "I just don't know anyone."

"You'll make friends fast. You always do." My mom comforted.

"Thanks." I mumble quietly looking down blushing a little.

I finished up my breakfast and cleared my dishes. Rinsing them in the sink before loading them in the dishwasher. I grab my bag and keys and make my way out to the Subi before my mom could ask me to take my little sisters. The Subi is a Subaru. I wanted to name it Suzi but my mom started calling it Subi and the name kinda stuck. I started the car after I opened the garage. I plugged in my phone and searched up how to get to the reservation high school. Don't judge. I don't know my way around town yet.

I finally got to school and looked around for a parking spot. I got there early so I found a few free spots in the back. I picked a spot that I hoped wasn't someone else's and got out. I made my way towards the school entrance. Just before I got inside I whispered to myself "you got this. Only 7 hours then you get to go home." What could go wrong?

A/N if there are any typos please let me know and I will fix it as soon as I have time. Olivia will meet Paul in the next chapter. I might have part of it in his POV.