Caught up

Gasping for air I jolt up, Jonathan looks over concerned, "You okay? were here." Feeling a little dazed. "My house?" Jonathan chuckled, "No why would we be there, we're at the restaurant." I sit up and look down at my dress. How we just finished... "You still snore girl." I hit Jonathan on his arm. "Shut up. I didn't realize I was so tired." Jonathan parked and his security surrounded the car. "Let me tell these guys they can back up a little bit." His phone begins to ring. "What? How did that happen? Okay... okay... that's unbelievable. So what do I do now? No, no! I won't put her in that situation. I'll figure something else out." He hangs up and takes a deep breath. "What was that about?" He puts my hand in his, "someone leaked that I would be showing up here with my potential girlfriend." So my security is here because they got the tip that the paparazzi is here. I'm sorry y/n" I squeezed his hand, "that's the cost of being the sexiest man on the planet. How about we go back to my house, order some food and pop open some amazing wine?" Jonathan smiles, "You always did know how to turn a negative into a positive"

(Phone ringing) "Hello?"
Jazz:Y/n I need you to get to the office... real fast!
Y/n: what the hell if going on Jazzy.
Jazz: Jarred is being arrested, apparently for laundering funds and putting it in an account under Bel-Air. And Michael's publicist is here because TMZ is planning on reporting it since Michael just signed with us.
Y/n: Get the fuck out of here Jazz.
Jazz: check your office camera

I open my security app to see my office up in pure chaos. "Jonathan, we have to pause on those plans I need you to take me to my office immediately." Jonathan's Porsche engines revs and tires squeals as he pulls out. Paparazzi come running out trying to snap pictures but Jonathan's windows are tinted.

Y/n: I'm on my way. Jazz put me on speaker
Jazz: I have Ms. y/n on the phone.
Officer: This is Sargent Fitch is this Ms.y/n !
Y/n: Mr. Fitch you heard her clearly introduce me. Do you have a search warrant for my office?
Sargent Fitch: No ma'am we do not.
Y/n: Do you have proof that my Marketing Director stole money and put in an account under my company?
Sargent Fitch: We have tips to believe that Mr....
Y/n: Fitch you have 10 minutes to clear out of my got damn office of you will walk me out in handcuffs. Jarred don't say shit to these people! Jazz call our lawyer and give this just started employment today looking ass officer his information.

Jonathan holding his head, "Y/n you have to calm down!" I can't believe Jarred! Is that why he came back to work late a few months ago? What is going on. Jonathan pulls into the garage and before he could park I was running to the elevator. He was quickly behind. When the elevator got to my floor Mr.Fitch was walking Jarred into the elevator with handcuffs. "What did I say...." Mr. Fitch held up a search warrant, "we could have played nice. Now we are going to search every account you have." Pack all this shit up guys and get back to the station. "Jarred! Don't say shit to these copy paper looking boys! Officer Fitch you will hear from my attorney." Pushing pass you, "Gladly." As I watch several officers rampage through papers, files, desk, and rip computers out of the wall I see Michael's publicist standing in my office with his manager David. "Well this is quite the professional business I see." She sarcastically remarks. "Listen, I have no idea what is going on." She walks over with her phone, "Here." she placed it in my hand. Michael is on FaceTime. "Michael." He looks up and sees me. He looks upset but concerned for me. "Y/n, what's going on?" I take the phone into the conference room. "I don't know, I was out and Jazz calls me and tells me Jarred is getting arrested, there is something about money laundering under my business account, your publicist is here with your manager. I don't know what's going on I'm so confused." I started to breathe hard, "I'm about to lose everything I worked my ass of for." I couldn't hold it I screamed and threw the stapler near by. "Y/n stop it, calm down. I'm coming to you right now. Tell Marcy to flip this story. She needs to put everything on Jarred." But we don't know, what if he's innocent?" Michael looking intently at the phone. "You think he gave a fuck? If he did he wouldn't be a suspect." I see Jonathan talking to one of the officers. It looks like the office is giving him my laptop. Then I remember I'm with Jonathan. "Listen you tell Marcy, I'm going to speak to the police." I rush to give her the phone back. "Jazzy, I need you to contact TMZ pay them double what the amount for this exclusive." Jazzy runs out the office with her phone to her ear. "Marcy, this is a professional company. We are not involved in anything. However this falls will not impact the MBJ brand." She walks to my shoulder, "My client is apparently screwed over your pussy, this will impact investors, sponsors, and collaborators." One thing no one does is talk to me like that. I lean over into Marcy ear. "Bitch, my LV's will impact your face if you ever find it in your thoughts to disrespect me again. We are one of 3 of the highest paid marketing companies. I flip stories everyday with brands. Please don't have me make Michael replace you because I did your fucking job." I shove her should with mine and walk over to Dave. "Listen...." Jazz runs in, they want 150K for the story!" I walk over to my purse and write out a check. "Here!" I hand the check to Dave. "You and Michael's extraordinary team can walk this over to TMZ!" I walk out of the office, "Everyone get the fuck out of my office now!" The officers pause, "All of you I don't care about a badge. My uncle is the damn Chief of Police. One call and all your jobs are done!" They start to scatter. Looking back in the office, "YOU TWO OUT!" Dave and Marcy walk pass. "Marcy, don't ever forget what I said to you. And Dave make sure your client knows who paid the tab. I'll expect and advancement on the next product brand." Jazzy stands near you, "Bitch you are such a boss." I look at her, "I mean Ms. y/n" handing her Jarred's name plate. "Congratulations you are the new Market Director. I'll see you in my office early tomorrow. Now get out." Jazzy squeals, "Thank you." And runs towards the elevator. Jonathan appears from a corner with my laptop. I can't help but fall in the chair and cry. "He told me, he told me not to trust him." Jonathan bending down to wipe my face. "Who told you what baby?" "Trevor! Trevor told me not to trust Jarred." Jonathan raise his eyebrows. "Whose Trevor." Scratching my head, "it's not important. Thank you for getting my laptop." I grabbed my computer and stood up. "Can we go?" He grabbed my waist, "yes, I'll get you home."

Jonathan pulls up to my house. "I'm sorry about the whole day y/n. I wanted this to be a special night for you. I have to get back to the hotel and start packing. Unfortunately I'm flying back out to film for Marvel." I say there and closed my eyes. In a way I wanted Jonathan to come in, staying alone was not the plan. "Hey I understand." He checks his phone. It looks like Michael will be in town shortly. He just sent out a mass email to the crew. I think you should get some rest. Im pretty sure he will have a lot of questions. But he is a good guy! Over this short period he's like my brother." Opening the car door. "Thanks for trying Jonathan. Let me know when you get back." He rolled his window don't. "Hey, you can always come and stay with me, you know my number." I smiled and waved as he pulled off.

(Phone ringing) "Hey Michael."

MBJ: "Hey I'm on my way to the plane.

Y/n: "you don't have to do that I already paid TMZ off. The attorney will follow up in the morning. He will be in touch with your people. Right now there is nothing you can do here.

MBJ: I can hold you, that's what I can do

Y/n: Michael, we haven't really spoke in months, I think we should just let our time together be and keep it professional. I don't want to get hurt or make you choose between me and your work.

It's quite.

MBJ: so your saying you don't want me to come?

Y/n: I'm saying we both had a good time. The reality is I don't fit in your busy world and that's okay. I'll always want the best for you. And right now that's not me. Someone once told me about fucking their career. You are in a full time commitment with it. And you know what... that's okay.

MBJ: Yeah (he coughed) maybe you're right. I'll make sure whatever you paid TMZ is returned to you in full.

Y/n: No, I did that because you're important to me and I don't want your brands reputation messed up because of my business.

MBJ: alright I have to get back to the set.

Y/n: okay, have a.....

The call abruptly ended. I sat in my stairs outside, looking up at the stars. I pick my phone up and text Jonathan.

(Text message)
"Thank you for today. The past is the past. We should let what we had stay there. I'll always love you, but, this is it.