Invitation to Lunch

Before I can walk halfway down the hallway I hear Han yell, “Ms. Y/N!”

I turn around confused, Han runs towards me, the rest of the group waiting on him. “Uh, yeah Han?”

He smiles once he draws nearer and says, “Can you join us for lunch?”

I think a moment before replying, “Well, I don’t know, I have a lot of work to get done and I don't want to be a burden-”

Han cuts me off, “Please, we would really like it if you came.”

I look at him and then over Han’s shoulder to the rest of the group who look hopefully so I sigh and give in, “Okay, yeah. If everyone is cool with it i'll come. Also just call me Y/N please.”

Han smiles brightly, “Okay, then hurry up I'm hungry.”

I smile too and reply, “Alright, alright. You may be worse than a toddler.” In response Han just laughs.

Soon enough we join back up with the group and I listen happily to all their witty, sarcastic banter. They constantly pick on eachother and quarrel.  We walk through the sleek, clean building of JYP entertainment until we are out on the streets. It’s a nice day outside, a little cloudy but not too cold. I speak up out of curiosity, “So where are we having lunch?”

Changbin, who walks near me, turns his head to look at me and says cheekily, “You’ll find out when we get there.”

Smiling, I roll my eyes, “Ok, at least tell me what type of food this will be?”

Changbin smirks and stays silent so Seungmin chimes in, “Where going to a korean place. It's small but really good, plus the owners don’t like chaos so they don’t contact everyone they know that Stray Kids is there.”

Incling my head to Seungmin in thanks, I then turn to Chnagbin and say, “See, that's a real answer.”

Changbin huffs and glares at Seungmin who smiles innocently back. As we walk people turn to look at us, some others take ‘sneaky’ pictures and I find myself surprised we aren't being mobbed at the moment. Ever so often and brave soul comes up and asks for a picture and a few members take a few moments to talk to them, then where off again. Thankfully we aren’t stopped too often so we make it to the restaurant in about twenty minutes.

As we walk into the place the door rings above us and the warm atmosphere and delicious smell overtakes me. I’m led to a table in the back that fits five people on each side. Taking a seat between I.N and Han, I look up to find Felix sitting in front of me, and a smug look on Bang Chan's face who sits next to him.

Raising my eyebrows, I look at him questioningly but Bang Chan just shakes his head with a secretive smile crossing his face. He seems way too happy about this seating. There is no way he is not up to something.

Trying not to look at Felix too much to be considered weird, my heart beats quickly. A waitress hands us menus and pours water into our empty glasses before departing. Searching the menu, the specialty Bulgogi catches my eye, and I decide what I’ll have. The soft murmur of the boys and other customers around us is comforting and we discuss what each of us will have. Lee Know, who sits beside Bang Chan, decides to have spicy chicken and I can see Bang Chan physically cringe.  Felix, Seungmin and Han get the bibimbap, while Changbin also orders the Bulgogi. I.n and Hyunjin order the glass noodle stir fry.

Soon enough the waiter comes back and we give our orders, she disappears into the kitchen and we are left quiet. Hyunjin who sits beside Felix turns his attention to me and asks, “So, how did you and Seungmin meet?”

The others notice this comment and turn to me too, “Well, me and Seungmin shared the same English class in college. We had to do a partner project and our professor just randomly chose our partners, we were put together and as we got to know each other I learned he was interested in the entertainment industry. I was too, but I wanted to do cosmetology, so I guess we kind of bonded over that.”

Seungmin nods and laughs, “Yeah, before we hadn’t met I thought she was cool but I was nervous to talk to her.”

I smile over at Seungmin, “Really?”

He replies, “yeah.”

Felix speaks up and asks me, “How did you like our rehearsal today, any notes?”

I blush remembering how I was practically hypnotized watching Felix rehearse, “Uh, no not really. I’m not exactly a dance instructor but It seemed pretty good to me. But Han, practice more.”

The group snickers at Han who blushes deeply, “Well, I…”

He trails off, his eyes catching something across the room and he looks like he's about to drool. Following his gaze I find the waiter from earlier and another waiter carrying over our dishes. Steam curls off the filled plates and it looks better than anything I've seen. 

The waiters arrive and distribute the food to each of us, we thank them politely before digging in. Our table is suddenly silent, but the taste is so good it's the only thing I can think of. I try not to eat too quickly and look rabid but some of the others ignore that, especially I.N who shoves food into his mouth like he's a chipmunk.

“Thanks for bringing me guys, this is havenly.” I say after another scoop of food.

The boys just hum in agreement, to focused on the food in front of them.

                      - Time Skip -

Once we are full and happy the waiter brings over a check and an argument erupts. Bang Chan and Felix fight over who will pay and it is quite endearing and entertaining, but I suggest we split it. 

The two pause and turn to me with distraught expressions and Felix says, “No, we're idols, it's not too much to pay for lunch for our friends.”

Though the reasoning is true and they have plenty of money that this probably won't even leave a scratch on their bank account I still feel guilty for letting them pay. But the argument is back on and our discussion is over before it truly begins.

Finally they decide to take a bit of my idea and split the cost evenly between themselves. The others are unbothered by this argument and I can only assume this happens often. Smiling I shake my head and admire the kindness of Felix and Bang Chan.