Imitations

The afternoon of my first stray kids concert as their makeup artist I walk into the boys common room. They wait for make up and outfits, and it's a ruckus. Bang Chan is trying to sing Felix's part in manic, his voice is deep yet not as deep his the original.

Carefully I close the door and lean against the wall, spectating the chaos. As the other laugh at Chan's attempt Han decides it his turn, his is even worse and I chuckle. Slowly the group filters through all the members trying to sings as deep as Felix does, only to fail. When Seungmin goes he doesn't even try to lower his voice and the lighter voice puts the other boys into hysterics.

They laugh and poke at eachother, creating a cycle of endless teasing. Hyunjin imitates Changbin's attempt at it, causing an offended gasp to sound from Changbin, and a devilish smirk to rise on Hyunjin's face.

After they all try it at least once Felix does the thing where he claps with his palms together like a mini clap. It's really sweet to see his goofy smile as he looks adoringly at his companions.

It's loud but being around Stray Kids makes me feel so at home. They are rowdy and noisy and infuriating. It makes it seem so much more comfortable to be around them because they instantly open up and treat you as part of the group. I'm thankful I got a job so I could work with them.

"Y/N!"

I'm pulled out of my daze by I.N who has spotted me. The members heads turn and I wave a bit nervously at them and laugh, raising my eyebrow, "Having fun I see."

The smile widely at me, and I catch one set of breath taking eyes in particular that seem to gleams and his eyes meet mine. I let out a shaky breath before turning my gaze to the others. Bang Chan smiles invitingly and says,  "Would you like to try, Y/n?"

Laughing I shake my head, "I'd doubt I would be any good at it. My voice can't go nearly as low as Felix's."

Some of them groan at the missed opportunity for entertainment but Bang Chan nods understandingly.

"But, there is one more person I would like to hear do it."

They all looked a bit confused and Lee Know asks, "Hey, who didn't go?"

Smiling I answer the question for him, "Felix of course," when our eyes meet I add, "If you don't mind, that is."

He nods his head, still looking at me before he realizes what I have asked and looks at the boys. They shout encouragements at him so he takes a moment clearing his throat.

"Manic-" Felix starts singing his part and instantly all my attention is on him. The way his voice sounds is almost hypnotizing.

Occasionally throughout he glances from the ground up at me nervously, pink dusting his face.

Quickly he quiets, his part of the song over and I have a difficult time treating my eyes away from him. Han high fives him and the others clap, laugh and imitates him more, trying to make there voices as impossibly deep as his.

I watch as he smiles fondly at them, how his eyes light up, his smiles grows by the second. The way his hair frames his face and how his freckles get more noticeable thanks to his light blush. Then his eyes turn to mine once more and I'm struck by how warm they are.

Quickly I clear my throat and look away, "uh, ok, who wants to do their makeup first?"

As I look anywhere but at Felix, Bang Chan makes eye contact at me and smirks knowing. Danm him.