Chapter 13

light filtered into your closed eyes, the sound of birds chirping and soft snores waking you up.

as you opened your eyes, you squinted, trying to get accustomed to the bright sunlight.

you tried to sit up, but came to the realization that there was weight holding you down on your arms.

turning your head from side to side, you spotted Draken on one side and Mikey on the other, with the rest of the boys piled around you.

you carefully slipped your hand out of Mikey's grasp, earning a groan from the boy.

pulling your phone out of your pocket and checking the time, you shot up, waking the boys up in the process.

"shit shit shit! my moms gonna kill me!" you panicked, and the boys groggily tried to console you.

but, to your slight disappointment, there were no missed calls or texts from your mom.

calming down from this fact, you sat back down with the group.

"want us to walk you home? we've got nowhere else to be." Mitsuya offered, and you smiled at him.

"that'd be great."

"hey, we'll know where you live, so we can come bug you anytime!" Smiley joked, and you all laughed.

after everyone fully woke up and stretched, you all left the shrine and made the way to your house.

it was about an hour walk, so once you all got down the stairs the boys decided to take their bikes there.

"y/n, come ride with me." Draken offered, before Mikey pushed him aside.

"no no, ride on my bike! it's the fastest."

"hell no it's not, mine is." Baji spoke up, and soon all of the boys were fighting over who you got to ride with, until you spoke up.

"well, Draken asked first, so i'm gonna ride with him. if that's okay, of course."

you looked expectantly to Draken, and he just smiled and nodded.

Mikey pouted, while the rest of the boys hopped on their bikes and started up the engines.

after Draken got onto his bike, he helped you on and you wrapped your arms tightly around his torso.

he blushed slightly, and revved the engine in order to focus on something else.

after a few minutes of you all riding down the road, Draken spoke to you over his shoulder.

"are you sure you want to go back? i feel like you weren't telling us all that happened with you mom and it seemed pretty serious."

you sighed at his ability to read you so well, and shook your head.

"nah, it'll be okay. i have to face her eventually."

————

you all reached your house after another 20 minutes, and the boys turned their bikes off and parked them in your driveway.

they all stood around, looking to you for the next move.

"you guys can go if you want, it'll probably be pretty dramatic in there." you chuckled, but they stood their ground.

"hey, you're in this gang now, and we protect our members." Baji smiled, and the rest agreed with him.

before you could walk closer to the house, Angry and Smiley took their leave as they had to do something, but not before patting you on the back and smiling at you.