Chapter 17

that night, Draken had showed you to an empty room with a small bed neatly made, and a window in the corner.

there was also a desk and chair, and a few boxes were littered against a wall, but other than that the room was bare.

"sorry it's so boring in here, we mostly just use this room for extra storage and if one of the girls needs to crash here for the night."

you smiled at him, grateful for the place to stay.

"thank you for this, i really appreciate it."

he blushed at your words and nodded his head, leaving you to go to sleep.

he stopped in the doorway, hand on the frame.

"if you need anything, just let me know."

"thanks."

and with that he left, leaving you with your thoughts.

you placed your bag at the foot of the bed, plugging your phone in and sitting on the mattress.

taking in your surroundings, you crawled under the covers and shut your eyes.

the past few days had been traumatic, to say the least, so you yearned for a good nights sleep.

but that wish was not granted.

your thoughts ran in circles through your head, keeping you wide awake.

you groaned and shoved your face into the pillow and pulled the covers up, concealing every inch of your body.

after a few minutes you sat up in frustration, unable to quiet your mind and sleep.

you pulled out your phone and scrolled through social media for a bit, the bright light making your eyes grow strained and tired.

soon you fell into an uneasy slumber, nightmares playing on loop.

you were back in your bedroom at home.

you could hear your mother approaching the room, coming in with a familiar face hot on her trail.

Hanma grinned evilly at you, and your eyes widened in fear.

him and your mother laughed hollowly, their wide smiles on their faces but void of any emotion.

you tried to get up and run away, but it felt as if you were glued to the bed.

they slowly stepped closer to you, their smiled growing by the second.

chilling laughter filled your ears, and you tried to scream but no sound came out.

dark figures whirled around the room, encasing you in a state of terror.

Hanma reached his hands out, about to grab you.

everything swirled into darkness, and screams echoed in your ears.

you woke up with a start, sitting up straight with sweat beading down your forehead.

your breathing was rapid and shallow, body weak and hands shaking violently.

screwing your eyes shut, you repeated words of comfort under your breath.

the room spun, and you felt dizzy.

it felt like you couldn't breathe; like you were going crazy.

getting up from the bed you paced around the room, running your shaky hands through your hair in attempts to calm down.