Chapter 21

it had been two days since the 'bloody halloween', and you were walking around the Shibuya district alone.

although everything went smoothly with no serious injuries to any of Toman, you were still fuming at Hanma.

he only got away with whatever hits Draken landed on him, and you wanted to fully get revenge for how he treated you.

it was declared that Toman had one the battle; even with half the members of Valhalla, their members were left unconscious and the members of Toman were in much better shape.

you entered a general store that was on your right, and wandered around the store.

your eyes landed on a metal bat, and you picked it up, thinking about using it against Hanma.

he was much stronger than you and had a lot more experience in fighting, so you knew if you were to go up against him you'd need something to defend yourself with.

you walked up to the front counter and payed for the bat, smiling at the cashier before heading out of the store and fishing your phone from a pocket.

y/n
hey, i'm sorry we haven't talked since everything. i promise we will soon, but rn i need u to tell me when Hanmas gonna be alone

Kazutora
yeah, sounds good. and he's alone rn i'm pretty sure
he's at the train tracks near Valhalla's base

y/n liked a message

you put your phone away, heading to the abandoned train tracks in search of Hanma.

————

as you walked along the train tracks, you took in the graffiti on the walls beside them and kept an eye out for Hanma.

finally spitting him smoking on a patch of grass, you stopped and collected your thoughts.

'am i really gonna do this? i mean this is crazy!'

you took a deep breath, shaking your head and continued walking.

the bay was rested over your shoulders, and however fast your heart was beating, your arms and legs feeling weak, you kept a lazy smirk on your face.

Hanma looked up at the sound of footsteps approaching him, and grinned when he realized it was you.

"come back for another round, huh?" you scowled at his words, speaking lowly.

"you have no right to even talk to me."

"come on sweetheart, you know i had to do what i did. you were acting out; somebody had to put you in your place."

your hands wrapped tightly around the bat, holding it in front of you as anger raised in your chest.

Hanma chuckled and put out his cigarette, standing up and striding towards you.

"i'm not letting you get away with what you did." your voice was menacing, and your eyes gazed at him with hatred.

"you wouldn't even be able to land a hit on me, sweetheart. just turn around right now and i'll let you leave."

a grin still rested on his lips, waiting for you to walk away, but you stood your ground.

"fine. you wanna do this? let's do this."

you were the first to make a move, bringing the bat up and swinging fast, aiming at his temple.

although your swing was fast and precise, he still managed to block it with his hand, holding onto the bat as you stared at him with wide eyes.