Chapter 38: Holiday

"NAYAAAAAAA!" Bethany shouted from afar running towards Shania.
"BETHYYYYYYY!" Shania shouted back running towards Bethany.

"I miss you so so so so so so so so much!!!" Bethany hugged Shania tight.
"I miss you so so so so so so so so so so much more!!!" Shania tightening her hug around Bethany. Both girls were jumping in circles while hugging.

"Hi Bethany," Chris patted Bethany's head when the girls have calmed down and were linking their arms and facing him. Bethany smiled and waved a "hi" back to Chris.

"Update me your location if you're moving away from this area. I'll pick you both up at 8pm," Chris instructed the girls.
"Sir, yes sir," Shania and Bethany both saluted Chris jokingly and started guffawing causing Chris to laugh with them.
"Enjoy yourselves," Chris gave Shania a side hug and kissed her cheek.

When Chris left the girls, they started to wander around the mall they were at. They decided to have their lunch first before going shopping.

"Naya, remember James?" Bethany asked while they were waiting for their meal to come.
"Of course I remember James!" Shania winked at Bethany hinting a backstory. James was the basketball captain and the cutest boy in school. Every girl wanted to date him and every boy wanted to be friends with him so the girls would come.

"Well James is hosting a birthday party at the bowling alley near school tomorrow! I got an invite, you should come!" Bethany beamed.
"I'll ask Chris if I can!" Shania nodded in excitement.

The girls went on to catch up while shopping. Shania bought a few things for herself since she's rarely out in Indonesia.

Chris picked the girls up at 8pm and they got in the back seat of his car feeling hopeful of the conversation that would follow. 

"Umm ..Chris ..Can I ..Go to a friend's birthday party tomorrow?" Shania asked while biting her lower lip half expecting Chris to disagree to it.
"Huh?" Chris asked although he probably heard her the first time.
"I was invited to a birthday party tomorrow. It's at the bowling alley near my school. Bethany's coming too!" Shania tried to give as many details as she could.
"Well ..have you bought a gift?" Chris asked as he took his focus off the girls and started driving.
"Oh ..yeah, no. Not yet," Shania replied feeling stupid.
"What time is the party tomorrow?" Chris asked while looking at the two girls with his rearview mirror. Shania looked at Bethany for help.
"It starts at 4pm," Bethany nodded.
"Johan invited us for lunch tomorrow. We can grab your friend a gift after that and I'll send you to the party," Chris spoke almost as if he was thinking out loud (Johan is Chris's friend).
"Thank you thank you thank you!!! I love you!!!" Shania shouted as she leaned forward to give Chris a peck on his cheek making him laugh.

The next day, after having lunch with Johan, Chris kept his promise to Shania by taking her around to get James a birthday gift. They decided to get him a portable waterproof speaker. Chris got a bit taken aback when he found out the party was a boy's party - but he decided to just let it go.

At James's birthday party, Shania met up with a lot of her friends from school that she hasn't seen in months. Everyone was excited to be there and to reconnect. 

------
Authors Note: I really wanted to expand this part of the story, but I started writing this chapter a year and a half ago and my thoughts can't flow as much as I would like. Also I already started the other chapters so I want to close this chapter as soon as I can so that I can publish faster. Sorry!!! Please don't request to expand this part as we're gonna be moving along with the story.
-----

When at home, Shania told Chris all about her day and Chris listened intently while sipping on wine.