Chapter 9: Compromise

"If you want to continue staying with me, I really need you to cooperate with me," Chris stated.
"You already know how it would be if Papa were to decide to have you live in Jakarta with him and Mama. Do you want that?" Asked Chris.
Shania shook her head.

"Number one, I'm going to let you have your phone privileges back, but I'll take it back every night so that you're not using it when you should be sleeping," stated Chris.
Shania wanted to say something but she stopped herself.
"Number two, you will only get to hang out with your friends after school on Fridays."
"But," Shania interrupted.
"It's only because you have tutoring every other day," continued Chris.
"Three, if I get a call from your school or tutors about you misbehaving or slacking off, I have the authority to take away your privileges and punish you," Chris warned. 
"And four, Sundays are reserved for me to hang out with you," winked Chris.
Shania finally smiled.

"Come here," as Chris opened up his arms receiving Shania in for a hug.
"I love you and I only want the best for you," Chris reaffirmed Shania.

"Okay, finish your breakfast and help me out when you're done. I need your help to fix your door back on," Chris smiled.
"Seriously? Thank you Chris!!!" Replied Shania excitedly.

------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lack of updates! I really appreciate every comment and every read. 
In my mind, I like to imagine that I'm Shania and I have various scenarios in my head whenever I'm spacing out or whenever I try to sleep. Having them in my head is easy, but to actually have them written down is really hard and I tend to forget what I've thought about. 

Like I've shared before, I work full-time and writing this for fun whenever I'm free. So I apologize for not diligently writing for you guys who are actually enjoying this story.

Also, Happy New Year!