1 | The Sorting Ceremony

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter One
THE SORTING CEREMONY
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter OneTHE SORTING CEREMONY └─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

"Come on Lila, you don't want to miss the train," My mother says grabbing a hold of my hand and guiding me towards the platform.

"I just want to see everything," I tell her.

"And you will at Hogwarts. There isn't much to see here." She gently pushes me towards a brick wall. "Now just step through, I'm sure your brother is waiting for you on the other side."

I nod my head. Taking a few steps back I take in a deep break before rushing towards the wall. I knew I wasn't going to crash into it but I still found myself bracing for impact. But it never came. Opening my eyes I am faced with the sight of the train and a bunch of people, many of them my age.

My mother emerges from the wall a second later and guides me towards the train where I will board it in a few moments.

The place was crawling with children eager to board the train and family members hugging their kids. I found my brother Finn waiting for us by the train. We didn't look anything alike. Where I have light blonde hair he has black. I have green and he has brown. He is three years older than me so he is going into his third year while I am starting my first.

Someone that knows my mother walks over to us with her child, his hand in hers. "Alice, I see your youngest is attending Hogwarts this year."

I look at my mother and see her tense, "Yes, this is her first year. I see that your boy is attending as well. I'm sure they will become the best of friends." She says trying her best to sound polite.

The woman had a look of disgust on her face at my mother's words. "I certainly hope not. No child of mine will befriend a halfblood."

I wasn't entirely sure what she meant by that but I looked down at her son. He has blonde hair and blueish eyes that are glassy and unfocused. I wanted to ask him about it but I didn't. Instead, I ignored his mother as I spoke to him, "I'm Lila Snape." I say holding my hand out for him to shake.

His mother let out a scoff, "He doesn't see you. He's blind." She said as if it was obvious but in my defense, I have never seen anyone that was blind.

I could see that he had an annoyed expression on his face, but I didn't know if it was directed toward me or his mother. Before he had the chance to introduce himself to me the whistle of the train sounded alerting us that it was going to depart soon.

The woman ushered her son into the train and I wondered how he would find his way around if he couldn't see, but then he pulled out his wand which glowed red and he vanished into the train. I turn back to my mother, the other woman had already walked away. "Goodbye mom," I say as I wrap my arms around her.