21 | A Pretend Boyfriend

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Twenty One
A PRETEND BOYFRIEND
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter Twenty OneA PRETEND BOYFRIEND└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

"Good, because honestly I'm tired of being in the castle all the time." I tell him. I was glad that he decided to come, because honestly what I said was true. I've only been to Hogsmead and the Forbidden forest, I haven't been to any of the surrounding hamlets, and I would like to explore.

I had some idea on where we could go. I've been studying a map of the nearby villages. I want to go somewhere near the water, perhaps the coast. Maybe we could go for a swim, maybe that would help take his mind off of everything and help me forgot about my bad dream.

"Oh, look, there's Ava now," Ominis says turning his head to where there was literally no one standing. He gets up and makes his way out of the Great Hall, leaving just me and Sebastian sitting there across from each other.

"I think he was trying to get away from us," Sebastian jokes as we watch our friend exit the room.

I turn my attention back to him and smile, "Yes, I think he was."

We continue eating our breakfast in silence, with the occasional small talk here and there. Just as I finish eating and Sebastian is filling up his plate again my owl flies in. She drops a letter onto my lap and I glance down at it.

Sebastian looks up at me in curiosity, "What's that?"

My eyes instantly find the familiar crest on the letter. It was a snake with it was wrapped around a wand. It's been on all the letters that I've gotten from these people.

I force myself to look away from the crest and up towards Sebastian. "Oh, it's just a letter from my mom," I lie. "She's probably just asking how you are since everything happened." I hate how easily the lies come to me.

Sebastian nods his head and then turns his attention back down to his plate. My fingers trace over the edge of the envelope before they gently tear it open. I can feel my heart pounding inside my chest.

The last time I had see this person was through the crystal ball last year and he has tried to kill Sebastian. I wasn't eager to see him again or even hear from him. I glance up at Sebastian once more and see the worry in his eyes that he is trying his best to hide. "You sure it's your mother?" He asks, pushing aside his plate that he just filled as if he was no longer hungry.

I quickly nod my head, "Yeah," I say and pull the letter out of the envelope.

My dearest Lila,