19 | Devastating News

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Nineteen
DEVASTATING NEWS
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter Nineteen DEVASTATING NEWS└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

For the next few days I stood in the undercroft with Sebastian as he conjured all sorts of things for me to practice on. On the third day of being down there I successfully managed to vanish a chair. Sebastian unfortunately happened to be sitting in the chair when it had vanished causing him to fall to the ground.

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me at the look on his face as he fell. I gave him a cheeky smile as he glared up at me playfully. "I see you mastered the spell," he comments once he stands back up and dusts off his robe.

I nod my head, "Yeah," I say the smile not leaving my face. "You looked like you were bored so I thought about making the chair you were sitting on vanish." I explain. "It was pretty funny."

He laughs along with me now, "It probably was."

My eyes find him and for just a moment the sadness flickers back into them before it is gone, replaced by joy. "If you tell Ominis and Anne about this they will never let me live it down." He says.

I smirk up at him, "Oh, is that so?" I ask and I turn around and pretend that I am leaving the undercroft to go and find our friends. "Perhaps I should go find them now."

Sebastian rushes up behind and and grabs ahold of my arm, "Wait," he says and I shift my body around to look back at him. "I know we said no presents this year, but I got you something."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What? Why?" I ask him. "Now I feel bad because I didn't get you or them anything."

He shakes his head, "I didn't expect you to." He must realize that he is still gripping my arm as he looks down at it and releases his hold on me. "I shall send it to you over the break."

I nod my head, "Fine, then I'm going to get you all something as well." I tell him. He starts to object to this but I stop him. "I will feel bad if you got me something and I didn't get you anything."

He nods his head and puts his wand back into the pocket of his robe, "Come on," he says holding out his hand for me. I take it and look up at him, "we can't be late for Transfiguration."

I let out a groan as he leads us to the door that exits the undercroft. "I've been dreading that class all week." I say once we make it back to the defense against the dark arts tower. "I don't want to preform that spell in front of everyone, especially Professor Black."

Sebastian lets go of my hand as soon as he sees other students giving him weird looks. Instead we walk side by side towards the classroom. "It won't be that bad." He tries to reassure me.