12 | Ominis Knows

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Twelve
OMINIS KNOWS
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter Twelve OMINIS KNOWS└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

I didn't look at Ominis, I felt like I just invaded something and I shouldn't have seen that. I didn't want to talk about it and I didn't want him to bring up what he had saw in my head. After awhile of us sitting there waiting for the others to finish, Ominis reach out and place his hand on my shoulder. "Lila?"

I turn to him and see that his face is emotionless. I guess he got good at hiding his emotions but I haven't. I feel myself on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry." he whispers. "I didn't want you to see that."

I nod at him not trusting myself to use my voice, but then remember taht he can't se agatin. "I'll try my best to forget about it if you forget about mine." I tell him.

"What no!" He says. "That man is dangerous. You saw him kill the man that attacked you."

"That could have been a fake memory." I say mostly trying to reassure myself.

He shakes his head, "You know that isn't true."

"Ominis, please. Can we just forget about it? I don't want to talk about it." I ask him feeling myself growing scared at the thought of this dangerous person coming after me.

I think he could sense the fear in my voice, "I swear I know this group, I've heard about that tattoo before." he says,. "And no, I can't forget about it, not if you're in danger."

I feel myself start breathing heavily. If I am in danger that's fine, I just don't want my friends to get hurt for me. That's why I tried my best to keep everything from them, so it was only me that got hurt. But now Ominis knows and how long before he tells the twins or a professor.

My mind conjures up an image of them all lying on the ground, lifeless and me standing, unharmed. I have to quickly shake the thought from my mind as I feel tears start to build up. I don't wait for the professor to dismiss class as I quickly stand up and rush out, leaving my belongings on the table where Ominis sits.

I hear Professor Onai calling out for me but I ignore her as I decend the ladder. I don't know where I am going but I find myself in the library. It was closer than the room of requirement I guess. And most students are still in class, meaning the library was mostly empty.

I rush up the spiral staircase to the upper level of the library and head to the back corner where I know that no students ever go. I feel the tears build up in my eyes again. I never wanted to see someone die, and now I've seen two people. Two people that I didn't even know. I wanted to be there for Ominis, I can't even begin to imagine what it was like in that house. I can't imagine what he went through. But he only wants to talk about what happened to me, and who those people are. I don't.