4 | The House Cup

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Four
THE HOUSE CUP
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter FourTHE HOUSE CUP└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

In the weeks that followed, I never received anything else from anyone. Not even from my mother. Anne and Sebasion seemed to believe my lie which made me feel terrible. But Ominis, I think he knew I wasn't telling the truth but he never pushed me. Just as I don't push him, I know he's been having trouble sleeping, because sometimes when I wake up from a nightmare and walk out of the dorms and tiptoe my way into the common room he is already in there sitting on the couch facing the fireplace.

The first time I saw him sitting there alone, I sat beside him and I couldn't tell for certain since it was dark, the only light being the orange glow of the fire, but I think I saw tears in his eyes. We didn't say anything, just sat there in silence.

But then I found myself waking up at the same time every morning, at roughly three in the morning, and walking into the common room to where I knew Ominis would be. After about the fifth time I finally worked up the courage to ask him about it.

"Ominis," I whisper as I take a seat beside him. "Are you okay?" my voice was barely a whisper, I wasn't even sure if he could hear me. But since he doesn't have his vision, his hearing seems to be more enhanced.

He tenses beside me as I place my hand on his arm. "No," he whispers. "I've been having these nightmares every night."

"I could talk to the nurse and see if she can get a potion," I tell him. "I can tell her that it's for me."

He shakes his head, "No, I deserve this, these nightmares."

I look at him confused, his blonde hair is a mess and I can tell now that he does indeed have tears in his eyes. "Why would you say that?"

He turns away from me and faces the flames of the fire, "I've done terrible things, Lila."

I take his hand in mine in a comforting way, "Well, it can't be that bad. And this just shows that you aren't a bad person because you obviously regret it."

He rips his hand away from mine and stands up from the couch. "I've tortured people. Muggles and muggle-borns," he admits.

I let out a gasp, that wasn't what I was expecting him to say. Instead of comforting him, I find myself doing the opposite, "Why would you do that?" I instantly regret my words when I see his expression.

"You're afraid of me now." He observes.

I shake my head and then remember that he can't see me. "No, I just don't understand why. You're only eleven."

He takes a seat back down on the couch beside me, "It's my family. They tell me that if I don't do it then they will do it to me." He lets the tears finally fall from his face. "And I'm afraid that if they ask me to do it again that I won't be able to do it and I will feel the pain of the curse."