13 | The Undercroft

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐
Chapter Thirteen
THE UNDERCROFT
└─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

┌─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┐Chapter Thirteen THE UNDERCROFT └─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────┘

─────── ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───────

I watch as the two boys approach us, growing slightly nervous. I wondered if Ominis had mentioned what he had saw to Sebastian, if I would have to explain to all of them. I stand up as they walk up to us.

"Ominis," I start but then stop as I am unsure what to say. I've always been awkward on what to say, I always end up saying the wrong thing or talking too much. I should just tell him I'm sorry for running out on him, that I know his memories, what he did wasn't his choice. But no words come to me.

He stands in front of me while the twins stand off to the side. "We need to talk, Lila." he says, a sense of urgency in his voice.

I simply nod my head, "Yeah." I say softly, looking down at my feet. I wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about his memories or what we expereicenced in mine.

"Do you want us to stay?" Sebastian asks bringing my attention over to the siblings.

Yes, I need all of you to know. I don't want to do this all on my own. I'm terrified of what I saw. Just tell them to stay, it's not that hard. "No, it's alright." I hear myself say as I shake my head. I let out a sigh, they deserve to know too. Why can't I bring myself to tell them?

I hear Ominis let out a disaproving sigh as Sebastian nods his head looking a bit hurt that I didn't want them to stay. Anne grabs him by his arm and the two of them walk off. I turn back to my friend and grab my left hand in my right and twirl my ring around my finger nervously.

"Come," Ominis says turing around and heading towards the defense against the dark arts class. "We can't talk out here."

I wanted to ask him how talking in a classroom that was fixing to be full of students was any better but then he walked past the classroom. I furrowed my eyebrows as he lead me to a dead end hallway. The only thing there was a window overlooking the black lake and a standing clock. "What are we doing?" I ask him as he stand in front of the clock.

He ignores me and the tip of his wand stops glowing red for a moment as he taps it against the clock. I stare in confusion as the gears start moving and then it opens up. "Follow me." he says and then enters into the clock.

I followed after him a few moment later. I had expected a cramped dark space, not an entire room with a gate blocking it off. My eyes glanced around at everything as Ominis opened the gate and the two of us walked inside. It was dark and gray in here, but it was nice. There was a few candles hanging down from the ceiling and some practice dummies scattered around the room. A table and some chairs sat against the back wall. "What is this place." I ask, completly forgetting why we were down here in the first place.