19. Frustration

I'm very very sorry for this irregularity. I figured out how to manage my time now, so the updates will be regular, don't worry. I'm sorry again. 

Jeongguk, despite being asked a hundred times not to kill anyone for going too close to Taehyung, stood right behind Taehyung and was now glaring at the woman who was doing something to his face

Taehyung had already looked much better and wonderful when Jeongguk came back from his sword practice earlier and he had had a very hard time trying not to stare. But now?

He could see the changes to Taehyung's face in the mirror and he did not like it one bit. He did not like that the woman was somehow making Taehyung look more beautiful than he already was. He did not want more people to stare at Taehyung. 

And his thoughts bothered him. Taehyung was a man, right? Why was he feeling so protective of him as he would his own lady?

He had not thought of any of those before. He just went with whatever his heart commanded him to feel and do. But now that he was questioning his thoughts and actions, he couldn't understand where he and his heart were headed. 

"Jeongguk-ah," Namjoon's voice came from the door and Jeongguk snapped his head towards him with his glare still on. His shoulders were so stiff, they could be used for grinding. "Chill, buddy," Namjoon said and playfully patted Jeongguk's shoulder with a chuckle, only to have his arm twisted behind his back before he could even blink. 

"Do not play with me. I have not permitted you to do so," Jeongguk's commanding voice said and literally everyone in the room froze, countless pairs of wide eyes ogling at him. 

They could clearly feel the sudden drop in temperature. It happened so fast, Namjoon didn't know what to do either. Just that his arm was hurting like a bitch. 

"Jeongguk, it's Namjoon hyung! Why are you being like this?! Let him go!!" Taehyung exclaimed after getting back to his senses. 

Right away, Namjoon got released. 

"Jeongguk, apologize," Taehyung said, his tone strict as if he were scolding a kid. 

Jeongguk frowned. "I shall not," he said and glared at Taehyung for even coming up with such a suggestion. 

Taehyung sighed heavily and looked at Namjoon apologetically. "I'm sorry on his behalf, hyung," he said and then looked at everyone else, his eyes urging them to get back to their work. 

As all of them have signed strict confidentiality with the company, none of them could open their mouths despite knowing that Jeongguk was not a bodyguard that Taehyung had no heart to fire, but a bodyguard that Taehyung hired after the mall incident. 

And that very knowledge put Taehyung at ease. If any of them opened their mouths, the company would see to it that their lives were destroyed. 

When everyone went back to their work, so did Jeongguk, going back to his alarming thoughts and ignoring the glare Taehyung threw at him. He did notice how the glaring eyes looked wonderful now that they had something around them, but he did not acknowledge them.