The brutality of the masters and accidently spilling to the Yuehuas

congratulations to zerobaseone's lineup! i'm surprised we finally got a global centre but scared that mnet and the general public will push sungbin centre anyway...

writers block and it's only episode 2 how fun.
i'm just realising how much i'll have to write and i'm low key stressing. AND there're so many people

warning: description of auditory hallucinations and paranoia at the stars *

_____________________________________

Sangwon managed to sleep through the night and woke up with the rest of his dorm mates. He got ready for the day and went to the cafeteria for breakfast. All the tables were occupied so Sangwon walked over to the emptiest table he could find where Lee Seunghwan was sitting. After a stiff greeting they started to eat.

A few minutes later Wang Zihao joined them. He and Seunghwan started talking and got along quite well. They tried including Sangwon too but he wasn't much of a talker.

"You did really well yesterday. How did you learn to sing so well?" asked Zihao.

"Umm... it comes naturally? I've had a lot of help too..." Sangwon replied. He was put in an awkward situation and he didn't know how to respond without giving too much away.

"I think all the younger ones are scared of you Sangwon." joked Seunghwan. "You don't talk much and I guess you intimidate them because of it."

"I don't mean to, I'm just not a people person." Sangwon said. 'And I'm scared of connecting with them.' They nodded in understanding and continued to eat.

_____________________________________

Master Solji walked into the all stars practice room. She had high expectations for everyone which didn't exactly help everyone's nerves.

When singing the first verse, Sangwon's voice blended in with everyone else's; he could barely hear himself due to the sheer number of people singing together.

After some individual evaluations, Sangwon discovered that the skill and sync gap between K and G groups was concerningly large. G group were all at around the same level for each skill, K group were mostly specialists. He also discovered that Yuehua's trainees were slower learners than he expected, being very far behind everyone else in the room and seemingly very unconfident. He decided to talk to Seungeon about it later.

Master Solji called on Sangwon for his evaluation. "You did very well yesterday, I hope you meet my expectations. Let's take it from the chorus." she said.

Sangwon could feel everyone's eyes on him. He took a deep breath and sang, glancing at his notes from time to time. He sang like the day before, with a light and clear voice, strong techniques and a little bit of his own style mixed in.

Everyone clapped for him when he finished. Sangwon hid his face behind the paper to mask the awkwardness on his face.

"Don't hide you did great." Master Solji encouraged. Sangwon just chuckled awkwardly.

_____________________________________

After a break Master Kooyoung came in to work with the contestants. They learned the details for about a half hour before being split into groups for checking.

Sangwon knew that he shouldn't look down on the masters, but with the way Kooyoung was targeting Yujin Sangwon was growing to dislike him. He was so focused on Yujin that almost everyone else in K group received little to no feedback.

'What the fuck that's a kid. Tough love is one thing but this?'

The only real comment Sangwon received was 'Check your arm movements for the fast part in the dance break' so he swallowed his pride and tapped Yedam's shoulder.