Picking teams dodgeball style and preparing for the first mission

congratulations to zb1's leader hanbin! good luck dude your group is chaotic and you will get tired

also thank you for 10 thousand total reads :) it feels very unreal

for my own sake i think i need to shift updates to once a week ish...

_____________________________________

The trainees entered the hall to see numbers on the floor. Most of the numbers had names on them except the top 9 from each group. After some walking, Sangwon found himself at next to the unit that is Park Gunwook. He knew he wasn't popular but thought he'd at least be in the top 25. But talent doesn't equal popularity in this place.

Star Master Hwang Minhyun walked in to assign the top 9 and introduce the first mission, K vs G group battle. Sangwon was just annoyed.

'If the final group is made from both groups why pit us against each other you dumb fucks.'

Minhyun announced the many benefits for the winners which made everyone open their mouths in disbelief. He then told them the songs.

First was Aju Nice by SEVENTEEN.

'Oh, yup, that's Seungeon's thing. Not mine though.'

Then came Love Me Right by EXO.

'Again not really my thing but I'll do it in a pinch.'

BTS Danger was up next. Sangwon wasn't expecting this song since they had newer songs he thought were more suited for trainee evaluations.

NCT Dream's Hot Sauce nearly made him burst out laughing.

'Oh hell no I'm not giving them the satisfaction. Or the meme material.'

Sangwon didn't even like Burn It Up so he wanted to avoid that too.

Back Door was definitely a top contender. Concept was something he could do easily, vocals were solid and choreography was fun. Really the only concern was the rap section but if he had rappers on his team he was covered.

Lastly was the only girl group song, Kill This Love. This was also a contender for Sangwon for reasons similar to Back Door.

Because Kill This Love team would have 6 each the teams would know who they face right then and there. If the trainees were smart they'd realise this could be a strategy they could use to win.

'Whichever group decides this team first will intimidate the shit out of the other. So they'll avoid it until the last team who'd by then be very discouraged.'

And just like that, team selection started. Sangwon didn't really care about who he was going to be with, he figured the dynamics between him and them would be the same anyway. What he was concerned about was the song.

Hoetaek chose brighter trainees so Sangwon knew he wasn't going to be in that lineup. He had some hope for Jiwoong's but ultimately didn't make it either.

Keita already decided that his team would do Kill This Love. With such a strong lineup of trainees and a triumphant smirk on his face, no one in K group wanted to face them.

'Well played Keita, you cunning son of a gun.'

Daeul chose his friends and he wasn't one of them. Woonggi also picked people with bright energies.

Slowly, the stand emptied with Sangwon still there. He noticed his fellow all star also left behind and no one stepping up to face Kill This Love. Gunwook must have felt him staring because he turned to look at him.

"You have a plan?" Sangwon asked.

"Do Kill This Love." Gunwook replied.

"And make sure the team doesn't lose horrifically." Sangwon finished.