That Same ol' Song and Dance

"But I wonder, would you be able to harm your friend, she thinks so highly of you after all."

"Without hesitation."

Chapter 22: That Same ol' Song and Dance

- MP-40 -

- Outpost 17 -

"How's this Auntie Forty?" Olena held one of MP-40's spare weapons up for inspection.

MP-40 plucked the SMG from the girls' hands and inspected it carefully. She pulled the bolt back, ran a finger inside the chamber and tutted when it came away black.

"Olena, what did I tell you about keeping a dirty weapon?" She asked.

"A dirty weapon will malfunction when you need it most." Olena recited from memory, "And a malfunctioning weapon is just as deadly as getting shot by a Jaeger."

MP-40 smiled as she placed the weapon back on the table "Sehr gut, try one more time then we'll go play."

The girl beamed up at MP-40 "Okay!"

She then began field stripping the weapon and MP-40 suppressed a sigh as she watched Olena work.

MP-40 had struggled a long time with the decision to teach Olena on the care and use of a weapon, but since being under the collective care of the dolls of Outpost Misfit (the unofficial nickname most of the dolls gave Outpost 17 after one of Owen's multiple rants about his group of tactical misfits and fuck ups) the young girl began showing an interest in what MP-40 and the other dolls did day after day.

This led to others, mainly AK-47 and SKS, trying to teach Olena basic weapons handling behind closed doors. MP-40 caught them trying to drunkenly teach the young girl reloading drills.

What followed was a twenty minute German ass chewing that left the two Russian dolls in tears, and when MP-40 told Makarov what had transpired, the small Russian had sat Olena down and explained what they did was not the proper way, and to ask 'Auntie Forty' or herself what was the proper way.

Makarov then turned to the two Russian dolls with a smile colder than a Siberian night, stripped them down to their skivvies, and marched them into the nearby forest where they stayed for a week.

When they returned, all anyone could get from the two was a whispered tale about Babayaga, the Russian boogeyman.

MP-40 suppressed a shudder as the sound of approaching helicopter blades shook her from her daydream.

She placed a hand on Olena's shoulder, "Keep at it, alright?"

Olena nodded without taking her eyes off her wok. MP-40 left the newly built armory and made her way to the helipads where a Griffin UH-60 was slowly descending.

This gave her pause, as they didn't have any supply runs scheduled from the main base, other than one of Colette's usual runs, and she always used her own helicopter for those.

The old helicopter settled onto the landing pad, and as a crew chief jumped out, MP-40 could finally see the reason for the unexplained visit.

Two men in full combat gear and sporting AN-94s hopped out of the helicopter as the UH-60 powered down. After a moment, they motioned to the other occupants inside.

MP-40s processors froze for a full second as she saw G36 climb out of the helicopter and turn to glare at her before she turned to offer a hand to Commander Gentiane.

"Gottverdammt." The SMG doll muttered as she hastily tried to smooth out the nonexistent wrinkles of her uniform.

Of course they would show up today, of all days.