Coffee for Two

A/N: I forgot to update here again I'm so sorry if you saw the next chapter before this <333

-

Marinette kept the list of people who knew she was going to this conference to her parents who are now in charge of seeing her motorcycle getting fixed that weekend and Kim, who is also going for reasons Nathalie did not explain to her or Adrien. Alya's been booked at work, and she'll eventually realize it when she decides to check on Marinette's location during her lunch break and sees she's on a train to the countryside. That's future Marinette's problem.

Under Adrien's advice, she disguises herself in large sunglasses, the Agreste hat he gave her, and an old plain red hoodie on top of that. She stands in Paris' chill morning air at 4AM, waiting to be picked up.

A limousine pulls up to where she's standing, and a man Marinette recognizes from Adrien's contact list and old paparazzi photos opens the door for her. She thanks him as he takes her luggage, and she goes inside to find Adrien in the corner and Kim across from them, asleep against a window.

"Good morning," she whispers to Adrien as he leans forward to take her hand and help her in.

"Good morning," Adrien whispers back. "Your hands are cold." Marinette smiles and hears the door close behind her as she moves to sit next to him.

"I was standing outside," she tells him, pressing her hand against his face. He lets out an exaggerated hiss which makes her laugh. Kim stirs a little in his seat, making her retreat her hand. Adrien is also unrecognizable in his anti-paparazzi get-up that is all black. "Where's Nathalie?"

"She's getting there on her own," Adrien said. He whispers, "It's a bit weird, though."

His nosiness is rubbing off on her. "Why?"

"Gorilla is always at my father's place which means that if Nathalie didn't come with him, she isn't staying at the mansion." Adrien puts his hands in the pocket of his hood, staring straight ahead through the tinted windows. "Now, my dad is supposed to come, but he only goes on the last day to avoid people." This is not what Marinette is focused on.

"She lives with your dad?" There is no way Adrien is this dense.

"She's always lived in the mansion, but I know she has her own place out in the city with a relative that she'd go to sometimes," Adrien says. "I'm assuming she's there now."

"Do you think the love birds go in a fight?" she smirks. Adrien clicks his tongue.

"Not love birds, but I think something is off." He's still denying it, but she's not here to argue with him. He can figure things out on his own. He's grown. "She's been really nice lately. You and Kim coming along is nothing short of a miracle. Chloe never went."

"Maybe she wants to spite your father," she shrugs. She realizes how close she is next to him now, and she thinks about scooting away but it's warm where she is. She stays.

"I don't think he knows who Kim is," Adrien says, looking over at their sleeping friend. "And she didn't tell me why he was going. Gorilla picked him up first, so he was asleep before I could ask."

"Wake him up and ask," Marinette says.

"No-,"

"Kim!" she shouts. "Kim!" He stirs awake and looks at them, giving them a sheepish smile. "Why are you going?"

He stretches in his seat and yawns halfway through his explanation, "To throw a party." Marinette and Adrien look at each other, confused.

Adrien asks, "The one tomorrow night?"