kumudini princess of Mahisar

Kumud's pov

I am sitted inside the palkhi outside of our kingdom Mahisar, returning back to my home after five years.

I was looking outside from the curtain of palkhi when my maid cum friend dhami came running towards me.

"What happened dhami, why they stopped us don't they know who i am" i asked her with anger.

we are travelling from last one week from himalaya to Mahisar enduring heat, bad roads and compromising our sleep only in a hope to return home early.

"Kumud they said that their cheif would be here and his safety is important so they cant send us before him." She told me.

Which cheif they seems like soldier and their general must be their cheif who is under my father.

"Which cheif, he must be some General did you ask them" i ask her.

"Yes i ask but they didn't budg to tell me"
She said.

I know they cant as it is a matter of safety and also we are only seven people apart from me and dhami there is four people to pull this palkhi two for protection and one man is their controller but they all are common servant.

I Wonder why my father not send any general or person who i know so that i will be comfortable.

"Kumud look there on other side of border." Dhami made me come out of my thoughts.

I look in the direction of dhamis finger to saw a troop of soldier's coming towards us they all are sitted on horses, running with the speed of air pushing the soil back that causes small particles to mix in wind which made me unable to look their faces.

"They are about fifty person, who would be their cheif"dhami ask as they come more close to us.

"Dhami give me your hand i want to come out"i told dhami as it was difficult to come out from this palakhi with my dress.

Dhami gave me hand and i walk out to saw the troop halting infront of us few man climbed down and talk to the soldier previously present here.

Thats when my eyes went to a particular figure sitted on the horse a man with handsome face and devilish looks.

He is tall and muscular must be the General, he looks like a god of war wearing that soldier dress.

He listen to the man then look towards us his eyes were dark brown, hairs curly one strand come on her face due to wind that made him look more handsome.

He started walking his horse towards us all the while looking at me with those eyes that intimedate me.

He check out me from head to toe all the while making eye contact with me, none of us break the eye contact then he climb down the horse.

He move towards me making me take step back i stumbled as dhami was behind me but before i fall he put his arms around my waist and made me stand up.

His touch, the slight skin contact make me shudder and butterfly started in my stomach.

I stand up and he take his hand back now i was blushhing so i look down to ground finding the raw soil of dessert more interesting than scene infront of me.

I was in my blushhing world when dhami said "kumud he is so handsome and i saw you blushhing that never happened before".

"Shut up dhami, dont sart now"i told her she is like friend to me so she always tease me.

"What shut up just look at him, what a beautiful eyes he had".

"Dhami you dont even know him, he isnt spoken yet "i said.

"What is there to know, he must be yours father's man "she said.

We both were whispering when another guy behind that handsome hunk clear his throat to get our attention.

"Hello, we heard that you're princess of Mahisar "he asked.

"Yes, i am princess of Mahisar kumud" right i am princess kumud the only daughter of king prasenjit.

"Don't you have any manners to salute the princess of the kingdom where you're standing now"dhami ask him with anger.

"Dont dhami, you know i dont like that".

"Thats was in ashram kumud now you're a princess, you're in Mahisar"she said.

Back then when i was in Ashram of rishi varad to learn Sanskrit and kathak i told them to never called me princess or gave any special treatment, i like the normal life.

"Miss she was princess and i don't think its necessary to greet your princess"that man said what does he mean that i was outside i am not princess anymore.

That handsome general gave him a look just shut up and he walk back.

"Hello, princess kumud i am Mahesh and he is Ajit we are Mahisars man and kings guard and assistant "the man who is behind that handsome hunk told us.

I greeted him with the joined hand gesture and said nice to meet you and look up to that handsome man to know who he is, but he was looking at me all the while with those eyes with anger.

"Ohh this is our cheif Omkar"he said but before telling his identity he look at that man first did they want to hide something or they are some treators.

"So you're telling me you're kings guard right, then what are you doing here you should be with king" i asked them they seems to be suspicious, i should be careful dealing with them.

"And also i never saw both of you with my father before its may be long time that i came back but i remember everything here" i told them my memory is sharp and remembered i never saw them before.

"Where are you coming from "finally Omkar spoke and his voice is hoarse that make me wondered.

"We are coming from himalaya, we were staying in rishi varad ashram from five years"dhami told him excitedly.

"What are you people doing here and why they stopped us from entering "i finally ask the question that made us stop outside the gate when i want to meet my father as fast as possible.

"We found some treators on border thats why this preparation and we are heading back to capital so you can come with us"Omkar told us and having no other option we agreed.

I was restless since i started this journey, having a nightmare and worried about family all the time but rishimaharaj told me to dont get tense.

"Omkar, is my father fine"i ask him calling from behind as i wanted to be assured.

He look back something change in those brown eyes and that became dark, he clentched his jaw in anger his others were looking at me with wide eyes.

What i ask the cheif question whats in that to look shocked.

"Princess you should go back to palace first, you will get answers of all your question "omkar told me and i get in my palakhi and our journey towards palace started.

Palace was far from here, we were at the outskirts of the capital but we needed more two hours to reach.

Sun was setting down if we are not stopped outside then we were reaching palace before sunset but now darkness is consuming our way.

There was dark forest between outskirt and palace we have to cross that forest but there was wild animal out in night so they told us that we're staying here in outskirt for a night.