TRAVEL // Journey 5

LOCATION: GRAND LINE

Upon arriving to the grand line the compass on your hand start spinning circles. You frowned as you saw the compass isn't working.  You happened to read a diary on the ship as it said to be that  the grand line islands generate its own magnetic field and in order to navigate and continue your journey in the grand line you'll need a special compass called log pose.

You immediately go where the ship steer wheel is. The other compass was located in the bridge or the wheelhouse. There's a two different compass the NC that stands for normal compass and the other one was SLP that stands for special log pose. Along the two there's a so called eternal poses that you currently owned. The manual of the ship written about the special compass and the eternal log pose.

As we all know, the Log Pose works by locking on to the magnetism produced by one island and points toward that island. After reaching said island and staying there for a certain amount of time, the Log Pose will reset and start locking on to the magnetism of the next island. The time it takes for a Log Pose to set is different on each island; it may take a few hours, it may take a few days, or even a full year. However the special log pose that you have doesn't require for you to stay for as long as the set time that will take for them to reset on said island. That means you can only need to land on the island and it will reset after you landed on the island.

"What a convenient log pose." You smiled.

The current eternal you owned was five, Alabasta, Water 7, Sabaody Acripellago, and Laugh tale. As much as you want to visit those different places but you want to take your time exploring the grand line and discovering new things.

-------

Has it been 8 years? When you start traveling, you were 12 and Luffy was 9. He make a promise to find you in the grand line and become the king of the  pirates. You've been in many places, you meet a lot of people a good and bad one. You've been staying in the Fish-Man island for 2 years now but before that you stayed at the sabaody island and met Rayleigh and his wife. They are surely a weird couple.

Apparently  Rayleigh was a coating mechanic and coated your ship after finding out that you wanted to go  to the fish-man island. One thing that you discovered when you stay with him and his wife was, Rayleigh was a gambling addict and a fraud. Why? First of all, you meet him after he came out of the casino after he got kicked out.

"Silver Rayleigh was it?" You stand in front of him. Man, he is tall! Did his parent stretch his body when he was a kid or something?

"Do you have a work for me, Kid? That will be 2,500,000,000 to 6,500,000,000 berries." He casually said and picked  his nose.

You turned around and start walking away as you hears the price.

"Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. This is a fraud." You said as you walk towards your ship.

Rayleigh, who can't missed his opportunity to have a client and earn a money to pay his dept start following you and convincing you making a new offer.

"Look, kid. Coating a ship isn't easy and it cost a lot. How about we talk for a bit to have an agreement?" He said as he was rubbing his hands, you know. When a merchant was trying to convince his costumers to buy their absolutely ridiculous product for a hefty amount.

"Your offer is ridiculous. I'll find another a coating mechanic who has a cheaper price."

"Wait, wait. I'll give you 5% discount." You stopped your tracks and look at him. He has this eyes telling you to accept his offer. That will be 6,175,000,000.

"10. Make it 10%."

"Great! Let's go to the pirates who wanted to coat their ship." He said excitedly.

"It's my ship that you will be coating. It's not a pirate ship. It's JUST a ship."

------

"This is JUST a ship? This structure and model... This is not your normal ship. Its way too advance. Have you been in water 7? Did they produce a newly ship?" He start asking nonstop. Was your ship really that advance? I mean it still does use sails to move but you used some type of power resources that isn't charcoal or electricity.

"It wasn't made by the shipwright in water 7. It has been built that way even since. They just replace some woods that is nearly destroyed but that is it."

"Oho? Mind if i look around your ship?"

"Sure. Feel free to look around." You guided him to the whole ship.

You actually doesn't care about anything since the structured of the whole ship is complicated enough to understand without the proper guidance of the manual. It's confusing to the point you will mistaken the other parts functions to one another. The berries, treasures, maps and everything that is important is well hidden.

You figured out that it maybe best to create some stuffs that even a haki can't see through. It takes a whole 3 years for you to produce especially the materials that you'll need since the haki is different depends on it's user.

After the whole tour, Rayleigh start coating the ship and tells you some stuff you'll know about the coats and what will you be expecting on the way to fishman island as a sign of gratitude for letting him have a tour around your NOT SO NORMAL ship. You paid him 5,850,000,000 berries.

After what happened, you got closed to Rayleigh and Shaky, his wife, and they feed you with a lot of information about the grand line because, as they say, you're still by far innocent and UNEDUCATED of some things.

You sighed because of how crazy your life so far is.

"Y/n feels like she's bearing the world problem on her shoulders."

"Shut it, Beckman. I'm tired arguing with you."

That's right, you're with the red hair pirates along with they so called frenemy Dracule Mihawk on a certain island as they started drinking booze because apparently Luffy stared his journey as a pirate and now has a bounty on his head.

Lets continue the journey again, Traveler!