My Story

Chapter 1 My Story

Now let me take a moment to tell you a story. It's not a very happy one unfortunately, and it is recount in perfect detail due to the consistent infliction of pain searing these memories into my mind like a brand on claimed cattle.

There is trauma undeniable, but within the abuse of physical, emotional, and sexual, there lies confliction. How does a child process human connection and emotional expression when their guardians, their own mother and father, choose to torture them from birth until they could defend themselves at fifteen?

My parents were not alone in their holding of hate towards me, my grandfather on my mother's side did as well and he certainly would show it through years of infliction of abuse both physical and emotional. The only commendable act on his role in my childhood abuse and trauma was that it was never sexual as would be the case with my mother and father.

I am taking the time to tell you my life story because I think it may be of interest to someone someday perhaps, might help them reconcile or connect with childhood trauma and its lasting damage. There is also the self-centered motivation in that this is a form of therapy to rid my mind of these thousands of repetitive memories, as well as a solidified documentation of the impact that people have had in my life; primarily my family, secondary, my collective peers.

I would like to end this brief summary with an introduction. My name is Michael Greenwelle, and these are the people and events that shaped my life.