Drunk Dryer Door Break

When we were in our final six months at Broken Lane my father inadvertently maybe drunk, maybe not, fell onto the open dryer door, snapping it off its hinges. Realistically now I could repair it having done maintenance for several years, but at that time I found if you just pop the door back on that even not fully closed it would at least run. The end result was a "heater core" was burned out from the door not properly shutting and given there was no money to fix or replace it we had to transition to using a laundry mat. I know it likely pained my father dearly and with shame that our situation was terrible, and he just made it that much worse. My father would use Canton crawling on the open door when he was a baby as the reason why it broke, not the 200lbs of force as he fell upon it.

Given we no longer had a working wJSHer and dryer my father, wanting to be some kind of productive volunteered to go to the laundry mat up the road to which I was worried leaving him alone. As said before I only had half an hour a day to break from studying and I could only focus in complete silence, so I didn't go with him, but rather continued on my school work. As the hours passed I became increasingly worried, very worried. Uncharacteristic of me I went outside in the front yard to where we had a porch swing and I sat there waiting for his return. The rationale was being outside I would see him before I would have I stayed inside, and so I sat on the swing and worried. My sister would say "if you're so worried, why didn't you go with him?" I could and should have, but that is just one of many memories I just can't take back. To this day I can still feel the anxiety of not knowing if my father was ok given he was disabled and left to a task by himself not home. Jonathan I'm sorry I know you tried the best you could, I don't blame you for what life did to you before we met.