Birthday Spankings

Birthday Spankings

There was a tradition in my family started and enforced by my father, my mother was never present during the spankings and knew about them but did nothing to stop them. Anyways from ages of birth until about '14 we were spanked by our siblings as many years old we were turning. Typically, the 2 siblings spank the other one as many times as their age and my father spanked us the last one he would state that was "one to grow on." I honestly can't remember my older brother getting involved maybe he didn't. He was 7 years older than me so really it was my father watching and laughing as my sister and I would be forced to spank each other on our birthdays. I never discussed this with anyone because I thought it was normal to be hit on your birthday. I did mention it to one of my Sunday school teachers once when she asked me if I was excited for my birthday and I replied "no because I was in fear of the birthday spankings." She replied back, "oh no, we don't give birthday spankings, we give birthday hugs." Again I thought I was living in a life of normalcy getting hugged on my birthday seemed unusual. I wonder if I had told more people that cps would have done an investigation.