Soccer Glasses Break

When I was eleven years old my mother had signed me up for a youth soccer league to where we met in the evenings for practice and played games on Saturday's against other youth teams in the same league. One day during our practice I was waiting in line for a drill and for a ball to come available. As I was standing there some kid throws the ball straight at my face without warning and I turned right as it approached to where it hit my glasses breaking them. I was so angry with the kid, referencing it was soccer, why would you throw a ball. He did it on purpose but I was never able to fight him given the potential consequences, it would have been a quick fight though this kid was pudgy and not athletic in the slightest. Anyways all throughout practice I'm worried about what my mother is going to say or do to me because my glasses were broke to the point where I was emotionally unstable and on the verge of tears whenever she picked me up from practice. I told her what had happened that my glasses were broke and I literally could not keep myself from crying. My mother's response was "grow up, you need to stop crying every time something goes wrong." "You are almost a teenager, you need to be a man, it is unacceptable to cry." Eventually the next week we got my glasses fixed, but what my mother had said had already put a dent in my self-worth.