•2

It has been five days since their university re opened, and Annika was already waiting for Saturday. She didn't really wanted to go back to that stupid dormitory from home. But she knew she had no choice since the way from her home to university is about three hours.

She can't travel that much and waste six hours daily for coming and returning.

It's an irony to think about how as a child preparing to give a tough competition exam, she wanted to be away from home in hostel. And now since she's living here for four years, she has become homesick.

She was in her deep thoughts when she stepped over someone without realising.

"Ouch. Why do you girls have to step on us dudes. Like get some chill." A boy whose voice sounded awely familiar to Annika shrieked and after a moment she realised it was Nikhil, her friend from another branch.

"Oh my God.. I'm so so sorry Nik. Are you fine?" She said and he glared at her.

"From which angle do I look fine to you?" He asked her and she bit her lips in destress. She stared looking here and there and saw an empty bench, since they were in the campus garden.

"Come on Nik. Scold me later, first sit there." She said and practically dragged him towards the bench. He sit there and drank the water from bottle she gave him.

After a moment of calling down, he asked her.

"Where were you going in such hurry ki ek cheh foot ka insaan nahi dekha tumhe?" She starred at him and sighed.
(That you wouldn't see a six foot human?)

"Library. Have to cover some topics which I ignored in class." She said and flipped besides him on the bench.

"You? The great great Annika Kumar also ignore topics in class, I'm impressed." He said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes.

"I was hungry okay. And leave that aside, First tell me what did you mean by 'you girls piss us off' and all? Which girl before me stepped on your foot, lover boy?" She teased him and he made a cringy face.

"First of all, stop calling me lover boy. Second, well why don't you ask your so called best friend? Because as far as I know, what she did was more brutal than stepping on foot." He said making a grimaced face and Annika got a hint.

These two fools obviously like each other but behave like enemies. What am I supposed to do with them. Annika shook her head and looked at Nikhil, who was looking somewhere else.

When she followed his gaze, she found him looking at none other than Monika, who was talking to some guy Annika knows, is a fresher.

She then looked back at Nikhil and saw him boring his eyes at the boy and his jaw locked tightly. Annika smiled at the view and went near Nikhil's ears and said,

"Propose her already before someone else snatch your chance." Saying this without waiting for his reply, she went away.

Nikhil shouted at her to wait but she didn't budge. Instead she messaged Monika about his temporary inability to walk due to twisted foot and sent his location to her.

She then, ran inside the library.

••●••

Annika was sitting in the library for about half an hour now. And since the last half an hour she was also feeling someone's eyes on her. Constantly.

A bad kind of constant. It felt almosy creepy.

As she was about to turn around and give a piece of her mind to that creep, she felt someone's present in front of her. She looked the way and found him sitting opposite to her.

His eyes on her and vice versa.

Where he looked normal, she resembled shock.

And that shock maximised when he uttered his next words, that too loudly.

"Hey baby."

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜