•2

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

"What are you saying mumma." Reva finally gained her ability to form words back and asked her mother in a high tone.

She didn't even knew the bride this well to cry out loud! The only thing she knew was the bride's name and that the bride and groom were in a relationship since last three years.

But this sudden shock which she heard from her mother was something so ridiculous. How can she be the reason of someone's running away when she didn't even knew the person!

"Come with me first. We can talk later." Her panicking mother pulled Reva with her and made their way towards the family hall.

When all the guests were outside enjoying, the close family were inside the secluded hall with thick tension in atmosphere.

"Finally you are here. What have you done, ha?" Her father asked her as soon as she entered the hall. She flinched at his this rare high tone he used on her but stood on her ground nonthless.

"What's wrong papa ? Tell me first what did I do? How am I responsible for the bride's running away when I don't even know her?" She asked her father in a normal tone.

This was true. She only came to this wedding because the Chopra's are good acquaintances of the Shergills' and Mehrotras'.

Heck. She don't even know the last name of the groom.

"What you did? After doing such a shameful thing you have the audacity to ask what you did? I never knew I raised such a characterless child!" Arjun Shergill screamed on her with all his will.

Reva was heartbroken. These words wouldn't have affected her this much had it came from someone else. But knowing that her own father is the one who called her characterless, she felt the worst of pains she could.

"What do you mean papa? How am I characterless when I didn't do anything shameful?" She asked as some tears started brimming her beautiful brown eyes. But she did control the urge to cry loudly. She needed to stay strong in this moment.

"What you did, hah? You are still asking me what you did? You brat... Here, read this letter and know what you did." He passed a letter to her in rage and she started reading it.

As she ended the letter, her hands started shaking. She couldn't believe what the bride wrote.

"I swear mumma, papa it's all fake. She's framing me for no reason at all! I don't even know who the groom is nor do I know his last name. How can I have an affair with him?

Whatever Aradhya had written is clearly illogical. And weren't these two in an affair since last three years? Like, happily?

Plus she stated that we were doing it behind her back since last five months? Five months back I was in Lucknow papa for the internship. And for a second let's consider it true, which it is NOT then why didn't she deny the marriage if she knew it before? Why now?" Even though whatever Reva said made the most sense to them all, Arjun wasn't taking it.

For him, it was her fault no matter what. And he made it a point to let her know the same.

"Acha. It means whatever she wrote is all fake? You think the bride's mad or what?" Arjun was fuming still. A major reason of his rage being his tarnished reputation which may came if the bride or anyone of the groom's side disclose this letter to outsiders.

His hard earned image of all these years will go to nothing. And he hated this idea, no matter it's related to his daughter.

"I am not letting this go Reva. Not at any cost. You know that how good of friends me and Mr. Chopra are. And because of you, even our friendship has came to stake." He said again and this time Reva couldn't hold herself. She fell down along with the tears from her eyes.

"Calm down Arjun. Leave the poor child alone. I have been listening to this nonsense since long without interrupting only because it's your personal matter. But it's more than clear that Aradhya framed her for something she didn't do. Why can't you understand and trust your own daughter?" It was Mr. Yash Mehrotra, Arjun's best friend for decades.

The Chopra's eyes grew at the words of Yash.

"What do you mean that our daughter framed her, Mr. Yash? It's clear that this witch has played with the life of my daughter. Poor her must be heartbroken and hence she ran away from her own wedding." It was Aradhya's mother who screamed at Yash.

Her father though, was really quite in this matter.

"Mrs. Chopra! This is not what I mean to say-"

"He's right Aarti. Everything is clear in front of our eyes. She has ran away from the scene because of some other matter." Aradhya's father, first time in these past minutes, said something.

"But-"
"No Aarti. She's wrong. And why are we all wasting our time in all this anarchy when we can simply ask the groom if it's true or not?" Mr. Chopra suggested.

"The groom is nowhere to be found as well." Groom's father spoke.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Damn. So much drama altogether.

Lemme know your thoughts on this please.