•4

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

"What?" Reva asked, catching a glimpse of emotions in Rishi's eyes. He was holding an intense gaze on his bride as she was sitting on his bed, Indian style.

"I asked why didn't you change your clothes. These must be uncomfortable, right?" He asked while locking there bedroom door casually while her eyes were on the verge of popping out of the socket.

He was talking so normally to her as if they knew each other since soo long. Practically they did, but they didn't at the same time.

While his younger brother Vidhit was Reva's bestfriend, he was basically a stranger to her. He lacked all the emotions whenever he was at the family meeting between the Mehrotra and the Shergills', but right now his robotically blank face looked so....normal.

And it's weird to see him normal.

"I-uhh- didn't knew." She said nervously. She doesn't even know why the hell is she so nervous. It might be because he's her husband and this is their first night together. It it might be simply because of his presence.

His aura is scary and grumpy.

That's what Reva had always thought.

"Okay. But now you know, do go and change. I'll do it after you. The washroom's there and the wardrobe here." He said calmly while pointing towards the two doors which were connected to his bedroom.

She nodded and made her way towards the door he told her was washroom. After a while she came back changed in a pastel green satan cami top and a grey sweatpant. Her hair up in a messy bun and face void of any makeup.

For a few seconds, his gaze lingered on her. Then he cleared his throat and made his way inside the washroom. As Reva's thoughts went back towards todays events.

She didn't even realise when her eyes started filling up with tears. All she remembered were her father's words and her mother's slap. She felt as if her own family was her biggest enemy.

"It's okay. Cry all you want." Two arms came wrapping around her comparatively smaller frame. She didn't had to look up to see who it was. She turned around and hugged him tighter further. She cried in his chest.

"I'm here. Right here by your side." He whispered and she cried more.

"Why. Why is it me they hate so much? Aren't they my parents? Aren't we a family? Supposed to be happy and to trust each other?" Her cries died a little only to grow more now.

And somehow seeing her in this condition, his heart clenched.

She looked so broken and small to him. She couldn't help but think to wrap her in a blanket and keep her away from them all. But he knew he couldn't.

So instead he pulled her towards the bed and sat besides her. Her face was still buried in his chest and he was rubbing her back soothingly.

"It's okay. I'm here with you now." He kept whispering sweet nothings in her ears. Soon after, she fell into deep slumber. In his arms, comfortable and warm.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

"Goooood morning." The first thing she heard was by her best friend AND now brother in law, Vidhit in the morning.

"Morning." Came her only reply, soggily.

Vidhit sigh before making his way towards her on the bed. Her hair might be messy and her eyes might have under eyebags. But to him she was still his favourite female.

"Welcome to our family. Now we are officially a family, can you believe that!" He happily freaked out and she smiled a little.

They had always been platonic like this. They loved each other but it was never romantically. From both of their sides.

"Yea yea. I know. I'll have to tolerate you for a lifetime now. Atleast until you get your own wife to eat her brain." She sassed and he faked a gasp.

But then smirked before replying,

"Even if I get married, am still gonna eat only your brain, Mrs. Rishi Mehrotra." And she snapped her hard at him fastly.

The sound of her name was very new to her. But it did kind of gave her butterflies that they talk about in books. But it sounded ridiculous to her considering they are practically strangers.

"Shut the hell up." Mumbling this she got up and went inside the bathroom, leaving a smiling Vidhit on her bed.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅