•6

"I am glad you are okay bhabhi. But do you know how scared you made me." Dhara started scolding Anushka as soon as she opened her eyes.

While a tired Anushka just smiled softly at the youngster's concern.

For her, Dhara has always been her sister, more then her husband's sister. She loved her like her own.

"However, now that you are fine, you are not allowed to skip meals or roam around empty stomach with so much stress. Got it?" The doctor had informed Dhara and Kartik that the cause of Anushka's condition was lack of nutrition and mental stress.

She collapsed due to these.

"Yes Dhara Maa. I got it. Now can you help me get up and drink water?" She teased Dhara by calling her Maa who narrowed her eyes at her in response but helped her nonthless.

"Kya hoga aapka mere sewa." Said Dhara.

"You wait here, I'll bring food for you." Dhara told Anushka strictly who nodded her head in response, after drinking water.

Just as she closed her eyes to rest a little till Dhara comes back, she heard the hospital room door opening again.

She looked at the door's way and saw someone she couldn't believe was there.

Yes, she saw Kartik. Her Kartik, standing there on the door.

As cliche as it sounds, it seemed that she hasn't seen him in years. When in reality, it was just a month.

"Kartik?" She whispered.

He went near her and hold her hand. "How are you now." The first thing he asked was about her health.

"I am fine. But, how are you her. I though you went on a business trip-" she was cut in between by him.

"No work is as important as you." He said and kissed her palm.

Both of them had realised how far they had been from each other in last few months. He because of work, and she because of him.

But now, after almost loosing her, Kartik has learnt his lesson hard. Never to prioritise work before family from now on.

"Eyy paagal aadmi. Hatt yaha se. Bhabhi ko khana khane de Shanti se." Dhara sprouted as soon and she entered the room with a tray of food in her hands.

"Dhara. He's your big brother na. Speak in manner to him." Anushka politely shouted on her in response.

"He doesn't deserve that." Dhara nonchalantly said so and made herself comfortable near Anushka. And before she could Reply to Dhara again, Kartik opened his mouth.

"She's right. I deserve that." He said and wiped the lone tear falling out of his eye.

He then, made his way out and closed the door lightly behind himself.

As much as he wanted to have her in his embrace, he knew he was being a jerk and didn't deserve that.

The doctor's words were ringing in his ears, bringing hai eyes into tears again and again.

"It is ok this time Mr. Mahajan. But please make sure not to give her any stress or lack of nutrition from now on. Her health has been very bad since last six months. And you need to take care of her.

This time, she has barely been touched by anything serious. Next time, anything might happen. She may slip into come, or worse, you may even loose her forever.

Please take care of her. Both physically and emotionally."

And he has made his mind to do the exact for his wife.

~