Two can pretend

"May God Narairis bless your majesties with health and prosperity." Layla smiled at the King and Queen of Avesta before bowing down for seemingly the last time. A week had since passed and a delegation of soldiers with their emperor have come to receive Princess Layla.

A gloved masculine arm with veins making a pattern was offered to the fairy who grasped it and made herself comfortable inside the imperial carriage of Ardos that would make a month long journey to reach the capital of the empire.

"Is that a gem from the necklace I gave you little dove?" Pale ruby irises that were looking further out of the window now clashed with the golden ones seemingly without any emotion before they regained their composure as the female smiled.

"Replying to your majesty, the heirloom was quite heavy thus I could not have the opportunity to wear it everyday so I took the earrings and asked a renowned goldsmith to have them carved into a pendant, I hope you will not be angry with me."

The previous women that were in an engagement with him have always cherished that necklace so it did not came as a surprise when Layla too had similar interests, it was just that Icarus saw the shining red ruby and asked Layla to come closer to him.

The woman was pulled within his grasp and her lips that were plump and seductive molded with his own as he held the nape of her neck guiding her. The kiss was gentle from his side at first but the moment her shock subsided and Layla answered Icarus with her own efforts, muscular arms engulfed the little body before settling her down on his lap.

Layla who till now could not understand a thing was being taken advantage of with such fervor. What was this feeling that made her feel ashamed when the warm palms held her waist touching her so intimately as his lips made her moan into his mouth. She felt as if the heart inside her would burst forth.

In her previous life when she was married to Jeremiah, he never kissed her until it was at night where in the throes of passion he often cursed her because he said that despite he hated her a lot she temped him, he often called out her name moaning but it was all too disgusting for her to feel.

The past made Layla tremble and she stopped the kissing making Icarus realize that she did not wished for this anymore.

By the time the Emperor of Ardos was awakened from his stupor Layla was already left disheveled as his fingers had tangled her silky strands while he was busy kissing her like a beast, those eyes were so hazy with tears shining in them that he was left speechless. She truly looked like a fairy that had descended from heaven.

As if the goddess had created her but those veiled eyes were too murky to be considered clean, the ruby that he gave out to test her feelings still shone in its glittering light without even a flicker...nothing, she felt nothing towards him.

What has he done?

Never could a female arouse him to the extent of making him lose his consciousness and act like a crazy man lost in lust. When he saw the broken buttons of Layla's dress with a hint of her clevage he averted his eyes

Icarus took off his wolf fur cloak wrapping it around the female feeling deep regrets.

He had never touched another woman and he must not touch Princess Layla, she was a very fragile person and did not deserve to be in the place.

Yet the truth was that the wife of Icarus Zeyphyr can have flaws but the Empress of Ardos cannot.

"My apologies princess-" Layla was not hearing at all what he said as she muttered softly.

"Kindly prepare for my departure to the place where the emperor wishes for me to take upon the training to become the empress...I am not your whore that you can have wherever you want and discard the other moment."

Golden irises widened before the male gritted his teeth. Did she think like that?

That he thought of her as a whore?

"This was a mistake." He replied barely controlling his raging emotion to which she smiled.

"Yes maybe it was." She must not place her hopes on Icarus at all, didn't Marianna say that the moment she showed complicated emotions of love would be the moment she shall be discarded so be it.

But there was not only Icarus in the world, she was going to die in some years eitherways so there was not much to lose, thinking deeply the woman laughed a little as if in a trance.

Food, wealth and clothes that was all that she needed so why bother about feelings and lose the luxuries that she could not get in her previous life? She was unable to give birth to an healthy child in her previous life and maybe this time too she would be unable to become a mother.

"My apologies your majesty, It is quiet understandable that you may need heirs and it was my fault for saying such crude words to you. I am just twenty one and we are not married.

I want to become the empress that you desire so in future I will not show you such a shameful side of mine and will understand your needs, in any case you wish to have other women....I will accommodate them too....I will be the best empress Zeyphyr has seen."

"Princess Layla....." Both her shoulders were held with the man whose voice had dipped dangerously low.

"Do you even have any idea what are you talking about, only my empress will bore me children, only my empress will share my bed!" It was said slowly yet the wrath in those eyes were difficult to hide.

"If that is what you shall command me to do then I will serve you as you wish." The male could not hear anymore and breathed heavily as his pupils dilated in fury.

"Is that what you want? Then we will be married as soon as we reach Ardos princess and remember since it was you who asked for it then get ready to serve me every night. Layla I will tame this temper of yours."