Waking up

Mortal realm was thrown into chaos after Layla fell sick and lay down in a comatose state almost seeming like in a deep sleep but the immortal realm was just as it was.

An ethereal female was lying near the pond filled with crystal blue water, with sunlight slowly drizzling on her face she looked towards the sun and twirled lazily.

"Is it good?" Someone walked closer to her and enquired.

"Hmm" She basked in the gentle warmth and smiled at the male before propelling herself on her knees and looking at him sitting infront of her in the midst of a green field full of flowers that bloomed just with his presence.

"I am here to take you back to the mortal realm....Do you perhaps do not wish to return?" There was some hesitation in his voice as he gazed at her with anxiousness."Do you want me to go?""No..." Narairis replied before resuming."...But they want you more than me, Icarus waits for you to regain your body from a comatose state and Marianna even made a pact with me-" 

Laughter bubbling like bells resonated before Layla whose soul returned to Paradise as the goddess of light Aria got up and motioned for him to follow her as they walked together, it was just in that sweet laughter there was guilt and sorrow.

"Please do not sign any such pact, Marianna will first have half of your godly powers by the pact as your mate and then would seduce you to give her more, at the end she will kill you and take over the godly realm for lying to her about my previous births. I know my child, I gave birth to her soul....I know her.." The male nodded and did not say another word.

Did he not know that?

That she had such intentions...

He did but he was helpless.

Helpless for he loved her and resisted her attraction.

"Is..Icarus, Is Icarus not well?" Aria stopped suddenly and enquired what she wished to ask for a long time.

"Barely holding himself from falling apart." There was a long stretched silence, she could not see Icarus sad because of her but her presence here was equally important.

"Because of me and him you suffered for so long, do you hate us?"

He had warned them, do not fall in love.

A goddess and a dragon cannot have a child.

They had a fight thousands of years ago and Narairis had said then revealed once in anger- 'If I am pure light, symbolic of all good then my mate is pure darkness, the supreme deviland reason of all chaos. A goddess and a dragon cannot give birth!

Do not commit such a deed for the chaotic power whose inherent nature is to plunder, kill and create violence shall be born from such a union, and that shall be my mate! How will I kill acreature that I love!!'

But by then Aria was pregnant.

And Ayrm would choose hell over killing his child.

They choose Marianna above Narairis.

Chose darkness above lightChose to bear suffering than giving her up.

They chose to betray his trust to give her life.

"I love her. In the end, she will either kill me or I her, then let it be so. Let her win this once.. Please return.

Do you remember that I promised to make you mortal?

You shall be mortal then.

Let this be our last meeting as Narairis and Aria.

After this you will not remember anything and it will be just Layla and Helios- you will be the empress of Icarus and I his subordinate.

Let's get you back to him."

______________

3 Months later

Lilac irises opened after a long time of sleep and the glimmer in them was almost burning.

Finally, Helios had healed Layla and also saved her child.

The fragile female could barely use her fingers for some moments in disorientation and took some time to absorb her surroundings. It was a dimly lit room made of pine wood and smelled of medicines.

There was a mop of glazing black hair near her bed, half lying with long lashes kissing the cheekbones.

He was right beside her.

Waiting like always

She wished for silence and did not speak with words that she was awake and he need not suffer anymore, just let her fingers knot themselves with his silky hair that were somewhatlong now and caressed his head lying on her bed.

Golden irises fluttered open and finally clashed with the lilacs like he had imagined the scene to be, thousands of times, and with fear that he was still dreaming, a shaky hand was extendedto cup her small face in his palm.

She was not his illusion.

His honeybee was real

 Warmth rushed through Layla and the touch made tears dribble down both their cheeks.

"Layla?"

"Icarus"

"Is it you."

"Thats me."

She squeaked adorably for her voice was unclear after not talking for so long and nuzzled her face in his hand assuring him of her return.

In a second the small pregnant body was engulfed in his hold where Icarus clutched her close and buried his face in her shoulder.

Saved

She was saved.

Helios did it. Fulfilled his promise.

Layla was always soft and stubborn but today for once she decided to be bold and climbed upon his lap before complaining a lot.

"Don't cry please, you don't have the time to cry for I am really hungry and you must feed me now."