Jealousy

Jeremiah Valentine- Layla's husband in past life

A room which was all dark, without a single lamp or source of light was the only solace for Duke Valentine in these months. The day when his fiancée had slapped him was fresh in his memory as if just yesterday.

He suggested a blissful relationship where she would give birth to his heir...their heir, what was so wrong in that?

On Layla's birthday he had decorated his castle for her with pure white roses, he wished to apologize if his words hurt her in any way then why, why did she decide to leave him and go to Ardos. He would have been a good husband, a good person, and a good father to their children.

For the world around, more than a year passed since the incident, but for Jeremiah Valentine who was always drunken and delirious not even a single thing changed.

Duke Everdale was so raged with him that all their connections were severed and the emperor looked at him with displeasure so what was left for him apart from her memories?

The only thing Layla left behind was Marianna.

Yes but she was a sickly person and pretty naïve at that, whatever he said she simply smiled and did not have many opinions to express, in the past too she had often sat and sometimes looked at him with complicated emotions making Jeremiah feel as if she disliked him and Layla together.

She never expressed but she must have had feelings for him, maybe that is why she often lied about Layla being a bad match for Jeremiah and advised him to stay away from her sister.

But Marianna wasn't Layla, even if he seduced Marianna he would not be fully satisfied.

"Master." Head butler called Jeremiah to which there was no answer.

"Master, princess Layla has come to Everdale duchy with-" Duke Valentine listened no more after that and hurried away.

He had to see her.

To see her suffer without him like he was suffering without her.

At that moment he did not feared if he would be caught.

"I don't want to do it, please stop." A desperate cry echoed in the darkness of night and Jeremiah's feet stopped.

It was her

It was Layla

"Please don't make me do this."

"Its alright, just a little Layla...." Sounds of beautiful sobbing could be heard from the palace wing beyond Duke Everdale's and it made the man who came to spy at the Everdale duchy throw caution to the wind and walk towards the melodic voice in urgency.

Was she miserable after leaving him for another man?

The grotesque smile he unknowingly had was wiped out when he saw a man with his back leaning against a muslin headrest while he had a female on top of him.

There faces were so close as if they were almost kissing, the male's dangerous eyes looming over Layla's red teary ones.

"It hurts.."

"No honeybee, it doesn't...do it."

Droplets of blood dripped down the male's partially bare chest against which Layla had one of her palms while another dainty palm was trembling as she held a dagger with a sharp point and there she carved his skin with a name.

Hers

"I promise to love and protect both of you."Icarus bent down and kissed her stomach before embracing her fragile self close to his heart.

She was pregnant as he had thought and 'Layla' her name stood proudly on his chest carved with a poisonous knife.

It would not heal in that way.

Layla was a scar on his heart that Icarus never wished to heal.

"You must stay with me forever." He would not allow her to disappear.

A/N: I could not post a full update sorry, I will update another chapter in one-two days.