Death

NOT EDITED

Layla's pov

"Father wasn't I always your favorite child...no matter how much you disliked our mother, wasn't I the one whom you have still adored, even more than Layla?" I saw Marianna speaking those words to Duke Everdale with some sort of a insane and eerie calmness.

Standing in the head office I saw the scene which seemed to be too far-fetched for once the ducal house which was considered almighty had its duke looking so pale and ill.

"I-I have wronged my child.....I have sinned, tell me what do you want Marianna?" He sighed, his eyes dull and sunken, bled dry after crying for hours. It was just a day after my funeral and maybe my father was regretting ruining his daughter's life and mourning my early demise.

"Then father, please drink this." Marianna poured a glass of red wine which was always something that my father loved since young but seeing the scene I could not help but tremble. He looked at Marianna's face in shock before it subsided and a blooming smile graced his features.

For the first time I have seen him smiling so carefree.

"This is poison?" My sister replied with a grin and I could not help but stagger back. The two of them created a painting of harmony and it looked so peaceful as if nothing wrong was happening.

"Just like father, Karl and Leon are unfeeling since childhood and I am even more so of a cold blooded woman. It was Layla that took the place of mother, daughter, sister and caregiver and held us with her love.

I know that Duke Valentine had lied to you all these years about Layla's whereabouts saying that she hates to see you and thus you could only look from afar, you tried to search so long for her after she disappeared so father...please accept my kindness in return which pays for your regret and remorse that you showed to my poor traumatized sister and die peacefully after drinking this."

"What about you, Karl and Leon?" I watched the people talking in front of me yet their voices were so different, so gut-wrenching to hear.

Was this what happened after I died?

It had just been a day after my funeral and the destruction has already begun?

"Karl and Leon would soon die but please forgive your daughter for being so unfilial because their deaths would not be like you father... I want to suffer before their departure to hell.

About me, I have searched for intel and my sister's corpse has been taken away by the emperor of Ardos so in return to see her one last time I offered to tell him everything regarding that bastard Valentine.

I don't know why must a stranger will be so devastated to see my sister die even when they haven even met once but father, you must not fret for no matter how far has Jeremiah Valentine ran away...Emperor Icarus would search for him even from underworld, after he reached out to me in that maddened bloodlust I know it would sooner or later happen.

Until I can search for Jeremiah and see him die, I will pretend to be the Emperor Icarus's fiancée, after that I would live well for my sister for I must take care of her child."

So Jeremiah knew what crimes he committed and choose to ran away, truly a monster but my child?

My child that was miscarried.

"Marianna! Where is my child Maria-" They could not hear my no matter how much I shouted.

"Its not her child! That's the dirty blood of a maid!

My daughter...my poor Layla!" Father gritted his teeth before closing his eyes as a tear escaped them.

As soon as the glass was lifted I could not help but not want that to happen, sure I hated my father for so much of my sorrow, disliked his presence but how could I wish for his death and that too in such a cowardly way of being killed by my own sister.

I could neither blame Marianna for she was seeking justice thus all I could do at that moment was to see how the people I once considered well of without me crumble, how even if I did not hate them they hated themselves thus no matter how much I tried to stop the things happening I was just a ghost that could not interfere.

"My Layla suffered a lot, I have ruined my precious daughter's life." And at the last moments of his death my father cried so sadly as he kept sprouting blood. Marianna just wept silently when he fell down with her eyes dead.

"Jeremiah, run as far as you can, once I catch hold of you...I would give you a death so painful that you shall beg me to die!"

A/N: Confused? You must be