To be his woman

PAST

Vultures encircled the imperial palace of Seclair as rebel forces heavily injured the palace guards and massacred soldiers ruthlessly, half of the royal castle was devoured by flames while the remaining was captured by the rebellion.

A single night filled with smoke and ashes was required to crush the dynasty of Seclair, for its last king was dragged throughout the capital city to shame the fallen monarch, some whispered that the insult was so grave that the king would commit suicide, others considered King Harwon such a coward that there was no other way but to kill him to get rid of his malice.

The royal court was organized as usual for ministers were asked to be present if they did not wished for a similar fate as their king thus many of them relented and those who did not were suppressed without mercy.

Glazed ink hair that resembled spider silk was tousled and wet as if the person had no care in the world as he sat on the imperial throne, after three years of conspiring and making use of numerous people like his tool Commander General Zyram of the rebel forces could finally usurp the throne to acquire the highest position in the realm.

The Emperor

King Harwon and his queen along with the four imperial concubines were summoned for supposedly one last time in the royal court to decide their fates and if possible for a bloody trial.

Soldiers dragged a male who was beaten so profusely that he was already considered half dead inside and four shivering females in fetters but when Prime Minister Yewan saw his daughter Ilaria being brought to the trial without a single strand of her hair being out of place he could not even fathom what to feel...it was as if she had surrendered to destiny and had thoroughly prepared to embrace death.

"Raise your head" The female whose beauty and magnificence had no bounds was bitter with resentment as such that when she followed the command looking at the source of that dark voice she could not help but show emotions that resembled regret, hatred and anger accompanied by a sense of betrayal.

Amethyst clashed with deep scarlet for a moment before she looked away as if watching him made her heart feel so sorrowful that she wished she had never met him. Ilaria had been fed a sleeping concoction the previous night after being kissed and embraced by the same monster who used her to enter the imperial palace and now even looked pleased with himself.

"Prime Minister Yewan, there is still a need for a female by this one's side, what shall one do to choose one's wife?" The daughter was standing at the door of death while the father was making a marriage suggestion to the angel of death, such was the cruel play that would resonate the ears of aristocracy.

"Replying to your imperial majesty-" The male gritted his teeth while kneeling as he said with great difficulty.

"...you may select candidates for imperial concubines from noble families-"

"What about your daughter?" There was a silence so profound in the arena that the ministers dared no breathe while King Harwon who was a proud male felt so much hatred. Even if death all his females must follow him especially if it was Ilaria.

"Your imperial majesty may not know but I only had two daughters, my eldest is dead." Prime Minister Yewan regained his composure and replied with much restraint feeling that this was only a trap.

"One knows, thus I am talking about your youngest." when such crude words were spoken there was a spark of rage within dark azure irses as King Harwon glared as Emperor Zyram.

"Requesting his majesty to punish one by death, I don't dare to have such thoughts." even before Yewan could reply, the soft euphonious voice of Ilaria said without much contemplation. It was directly defying the orders of the monarch but the female did not care.

Laughter resonated throughout the court and Emperor Zyram smiled with some mirth and harmony as he rose to his full height, steeping down his throne like a carnal predator. The courtiers were horrified when the fierce sword that drank blood to quench its thirst was unsheathed from its mane producing the sound of metal clanking.

The weapon that was both poisonous and lethal was slowly kept under the chin of the Prime Minister of Seclair before the masculine male made the man raise his head to look into the dark bloody irises that were murderous.

"Prime Minister Yewan, one asks you with all my kind considerations.

If you agree to this alliance between your daughter and this one, I would grant protection to your Prime Minister Manor and would spare all your kins along with your daughter's life....if not then I would marry her after killing your entire household.

You have just this moment to answer your monarch."

Delicate fists were clenched as sharp nails dug into the palm producing tiny crescent moon marks when the female heard her fate being decided without her will, after moments of silence Ilaria could not help but feel so much confusion and mayhem that glimmering teardrops dribbled her cheeks.

"I request your majesty to let one's father live. I will marry you." King Harwon blinded by fury shook his iron chains that were rusted and heavy to even suppress his motion.

"ILARIA!" When Harwon roared jerking forward to have a hold at Ilaria's fragile neck that would be snapped before she could belong to another, there was a palm that wrapped around the female's eyes and covered her vision and soon the scream stopped all together.

"Take him away."