Chapter Four

I saw fucking red

I saw fucking red.

I stepped out of view from them and started banging on the door. My goal was to scare the living shit out of them. And it seemed I got what I wanted when I heard a chair scrape against the floor and then fall over. I got a sort of sick satisfaction out of hearing him curse and the girl started panicking. There was furious whispering and rustling of clothes as they hurried to clear all evidence of what they'd been doing. Still, they had to believe they'd been caught.

I was of half a mind to report them anyway.

The door was yanked open and I came face to face with the man I now considered to be enemy number one.

"Sir, we were just—" He stopped abruptly when he saw me.

I watched as recognition covered his too-pretty face. His luscious, swollen lips curled into disgust and he glared down at me, mirrored hatred filling his emerald eyes. His dark hair was a mess, like someone had run their fingers through it and yanked on it. His clothes were also a mess as he'd hurried to make himself presentable; a quick glance down showed me his zipper was still down. At least his shoelaces were tied.

The girl was hiding behind him but from the brief glimpse I'd gotten of her, she was really pretty. Because of course she was. But for once it wasn't a blonde girl, but a caramel-skinned brunette with red highlights and a great sense of fashion. Her boots were fucking awesome.

"Are you stalking me? Because I'm not interested, lady," He spat out.

"I should be asking you that question, asshole. How is it that we've bumped into each other three times in the span of two days and every single instance has had something to do with your penis?" I crossed my arms and gave him a judgemental stare.

He clenched his jaw and opened his mouth to retort but was interrupted. The girl stepped out from behind him once she'd realized I wasn't the librarian.

She frowned and looked up at him. "What's she talking about, baby?"

Baby? Oh. Was this his girlfriend? Because if so, I felt really bad for her. Or maybe she had it coming if she was willing to date his sleazy ass. A pity. Girl's with that great of a fashion sense was wasted on assholes like this guy. I could now fully appreciate her vintage jeans and boho top.

His gaze flicked down to her briefly before coming back to mine. "It's nothing. This weird chick just keeps coming across my path and being a bitch. Like right now."

"Excuse me," I said, "But you're the one currently in my path. I booked this room for this time period. Which means I'm the only one who should be using it right now. Also — it's purpose is to study in, not fornicate in."

"Fornicate? What are you? Fifty? And the room was empty. As far as I'm concerned, it was up for grabs. No one actually books any of these rooms — it's first come first served," he argued.