Chapter Sixteen [Part 1]

"You know Tristan Beckett wants to bone you, right?"

We'd been driving for the past ten minutes, and I'd had to listen to my younger brother rave about that asshole for every single one of those. Why couldn't he find another idol? One I didn't know?

"Can we all stop calling him Tristan Beckett? That's so weird. He's Tristan - just Tristan. We don't have to include his surname every time we talk about him." My hands clenched around the steering wheel as I stared straight ahead.

"And he doesn't want to bone me," I added.

"Uh, yeah, he does," Jace snorted.

I directed a pissed off look his way, "You don't know that."

"Uh, yeah, I do."

"How on earth would you know that?"

"I have eyes. And it's a guy thing. We all know when a guy wants to bang a girl... and Tristan Beckett wants to bang you. No question about it."

"That's definitely not a thing. Can we stop talking about this? Tristan Be- dammit, Tristan is never gonna get the opportunity to bang me, so this conversation is pointless." I swallowed, trying to get rid of the lump that had appeared the second I saw Tristan storming over to me.

"Are you sure about that? Because I saw the way you were looking at each other. You guys totally had a vibe."

"Vibe? What vibe? There was no vibe - you're imagining things." I forced myself to sound disgusted.

"There was totally a sex vibe."

"Ew, I'm your sister. Do you really want to discuss any sex vibes I might have with a guy?"

"Not normally, but if it means that Tristan Beckett will be my brother-in-law, then yeah. Don't fumble this one, Hannah."

"Brother-in- what! No! Get those thoughts out of your head! Does he really seem like the marrying type? No, he doesn't. He's just in it for the sex. And do you really think I want to be in a relationship right now, especially after my last one? Any more mention of Tristan and I will stop this car and you will walk home."

"You sound like mom."

Ouch. He didn't have to hit back that hard.

"Yeah, well, you sound like Bailey."

"Hey! That's going too far."

Jason and Bailey's relationship was anything but friendly. Whenever they crossed paths, Bailey took pleasure in teasing and picking on him, and his reactions were nothing short of intense. He never listened when I told him to ignore her or walk away, unable to resist taking the bait. And so Bailey always found new ways to push his buttons.

"And your mom comment wasn't? Come on, you know it was cruel."

"Fine. I'll stop the Tristan Beckett talk if you stop the Bailey talk. I'm pretty sure if you said her name enough times, you'd summon her. Like bloody Mary."