Lying

There is always up and and downs to the boxing world. The adrenaline that pumps through your veins when you're at the certain point where you are guaranteed a win, feels almost like a drug. But then you have the moments when you know you are going to lose. When you know you are letting yourself snd others down. The immense pain that follows as you collapse onto the floor, begging for someone to come into the ring and just pick you up and tell you that everything is going to be okay.

Then there's that other pain.

Watching your world crumble as you are dragged out of the arena, your hands cuffed behind your back.

"Miss Campbell." Said Officer Halter. "You are not under arrest, we are here to help you."

"I'm fine. Don't you get that!"

"That's what everyone feels when they go through grief but you can't keep looking for ways to get rid of the pain."

"What don't you understand? I enjoy this."

"You don't have to lie to us."

"We know what it's like to feel like you're being looked after but they don't care about you, Maisey." Said another officer.

"It's not about caring. This is my life, I enjoy doing this."

"We're going to put you in a safer group home."

That's how Maisey made it to back to Chicago but the rest is a blur on how she got back into fighting.

Maisey used to live in Chicago but after her father died, the police feared for her safety so they sent her off to Nashville. Long story short, boxing became rife in the year of 2014. She started to fight but it all ended one night when she was put in cuffs and taken out of her group home. For her, it was a blessing and a curse. Moving back to Chicago meant that people had eyes on her and wanted to know if she was still fighting. Frank attended her school as a self defence teacher and worked it out from there, when Maisey took down guys that were twice her size.

He made a deal with her that he would help out the home with food or any bills if she fought for him. She agreed and from the age of eleven, she kept fighting in the rings. It came as a blessing because she hated her group home in Nashville. The adults always had people round and were watching derbies or taking the others to win competitions in barrel racing. It wasn't Maisey's thing and she ended up having a bad fall, breaking her hand in three different places. It took her a whole year to get back to her fighting level and she still blames them even though she's fine now and is at a much higher level.

Tonight was the big fight, two matches against two different people. That's the reason Maisey had such a long break because she needed to be at her best to fight. However, Antonio is also supposed to be watching a fight tonight. Will it be Maisey's?

At the home, Maisey was making pizzas with the others from store bought dough. Giggling loudly, they threw flour at each other while Sarah watched from the doorway, a huge smile on her face.

Wednesday was the only night where Sarah didn't have to cook or clean because Miles said that he and the other two older ones would look after the children. Today was their movie night, which was a bummer for Maisey because she wasn't going to be there for it.

Flour drifted through the air as they all erupted into laughs. Miles and Amelia put on Italian accents and acted like it was a cooking class, teaching the children to knead the dough and help make stuffed crust.

George read out the instructions to Maisey so she could make cookies for later. Whereas, Christine and Nathan were making brownies with the help of Amelia giving them instructions and cracking the egg so no shells were in the mixture.