Not Dead

*Hank's Pov*

We were looking through some case notes when there was a loud smash downstairs as well as some gasps. We didn't think much of it, considering it's slippery downstairs due to the rain and we've got a lot of recruits in at the moment.

It wasn't till later when the shouting started and the clicking of guns was heard all over the place. Looking between each other, we grabbed our guns from the safe and slowly walked down the steps, getting Adam to manually open the gate so it didn't buzz.

The others had their guns raised as I walked down disarmed, hoping to settle the situation with a calm approach. Cops parted, making a footpath to the issue.

Stopping in my tracks, I looked back to see Antonio with a stone cold face. His stupid 'I don't care act' was getting old and we all knew it. He said he didn't want to keep trying but it was killing him inside.

Jay and Kevin both put their weapons down and approached the other officers, getting them to step back and put their weapons down.

"She could hurt us at any moment." Said Bruce, an older cop.

"You don't know that. You don't know what happened to her." Said Jay.

"What and you do? Listen up, who thinks we should put our weapons down?" He asked around and nobody volunteered.

"She's a kid." Said Antonio but it was more to himself than anyone else.

"I think I killed somebody." She said in a small voice but we all heard her.

Slowly stepping down, I walked towards her as she raised her hands up in front of her. Tears streamed down her face as her breathing picked up.

"No!" She shouted, making the cops raise their guns again. "No. Don't come near me."

"Maisey. It's okay." I said as I took a few more steps but she kept shaking her head, telling me she didn't want me anywhere near her. "I know you won't hurt me. It's okay. It's all going to be okay."

"No. I killed someone."

"It's okay. We'll figure it out. No one wants to hurt you."

"They don't trust me."

"I have to put you in cuffs, Maisey. They'll trust you then."

"This isn't me!" She shouted through tears.

"We know it isn't. But I need to put you in cuffs. I don't want to but I have to."

"Okay." She whispered.

It all went so slowly. She dropped to her knees and put her hands on her head as she choked back tears. Crouching down in front of her, I gently took her hands and put the cuffs on her, making the other officers lower their weapons.

As we walked up the steps, it's like I had arrested her on a stage with the amount of audience we had.

"Go back to what you were doing." Snapped Kevin at the officers.

Maisey had her head down the whole time but lifted it to look at Antonio, who moved his face away from her as a single tear dropped down his face. She erupted into a coughing fit as she sobbed her heart out.