Frank

*Antonio's Pov*

Without checking it with Maisey, I called Will on the way home while she was sleeping and asked if he could come and check over her injuries. Surprisingly, he said yes even though he had been at work all day but I think he's got a soft spot for her.

Everyone has.

Hank was an odd one. None of us had picked up on it until Maisey mentioned it to me and I shared it with the others but it's like he's trying to not get close to her. Usually, it's the other way around but Maisey felt hurt that Hank stayed away.

Maisey had fallen asleep in the car and for the first time, she actually looked relaxed. However, when we got home, she could tell that I was bursting to talk to her. I needed to know who hurt her but I also needed to know about the number. I have a feeling I know who's number it is but I want her to tell me.

"So, what happened?" Asked Will as he got her to sit on the counter top. "These knees didn't just scrape themselves."

"I got into a fight."

"Doesn't explain these injuries."

"Two cops dragged me along the floor. It was Clarissa's doing."

Leaning against the wall, I put one foot on the surface and tilted my head back, letting out a heavy sigh. Maisey looked over to me, shaking her head as she let out a laugh.

"Just say it. You don't believe me." She said as her eyes drifted up to look at mine.

"Whose number was written down?" I asked, purposely avoiding her request.

"This, again? Really? Where's the trust?"

"The trust? Are you serious right now? You want me to trust you, yet you keep blatantly lying to my face."

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"It's Frank's goddamn number!" I shouted as I slammed my hand down, making Will jump but Maisey didn't react. "We've been keeping tabs on him."

"What? No. I haven't seen him in ages." She lied again.

"How stupid could you be? He hurt you, Maisey. He's going to keep hurting you. We've kept tabs on him. We have units following his every move. A picture was taken of you and him together in some old diner. Cops watched you get into a van with Kage. You lied to me. Don't expect me to let you off this time. I gave you so many chances and you dismissed every single one."

"Trust me-"

"I can't, Maisey. Not anymore."

In that split second, she burst into tears as Will cleaned her knees and bandaged them up. My body didn't move an inch even though I really wanted to comfort her, I needed her to tell me the truth. I haven't been strict enough with her; I don't mean overly strict and horrible, I just mean some of her behaviour needs sorting.

"I can't tell you."

"I'm your dad."

"My dad's dead. You're just a guardian."

"Just a guardian?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. If I'm just a guardian, tell me why I held you after Frank's friends beat you up. Tell me why you relaxed against my body. Tell me why you approached me begging for my help. You needed me and I needed you too. So don't lie to me and don't lie to yourself. Because I see the pain you're going through. I feel your pain because it hurts me, knowing I can't help you. I can give you hugs, I can protect you but I can't heal your physical wounds and that hurts."