Smile

*No One's Pov*

It was as if the world stilled, glueing Hank and Antonio to the floor as memories circled around them; Happy and sad ones.

Maisey's face was black and blue while blood spilled from her mouth as she silently sobbed. Red raw marks circled her wrists, bounding her to the chair.

"It's like a reunion." Giggled Clarissa as she trailed a knife along Maisey's neck.

"Leave. Please. Antonio, just get out. Hank, drag him if you have to. Just leave."

"Maisey. Do not, do not tell me what to do." Sobbed Antonio as his hand that held the gun shook.

"Hank," Maisey said as she looked at him with hopeful eyes. "Please."

The building groaned and grumbled as it swayed from side to side, ever so often crumbling. Small chunks of concrete fell as if hell was failing. Sirens blared outside, calling the three of them home.

The cinema was massive, the white screen illuminating the rest of the room. The shadow of the situation being reflected onto the sheet as if it was a movie that was playing.

Klarise held an expression that was unreadable as she silently begged Clarissa to not make her shoot Maisey. The second she dropped her arm, her body was thrown back with so much force that the floor trembled beneath them.

"No!" Screamed Maisey as she struggled against the restraints, screaming and crying out for anyone that would listen. "Why? Why would you do that? She was your daughter!"

"So were you once." Said Clarissa.

"She was your second chance at the life you always wanted. The rags and riches. She was that daughter. She was the daughter that you were proud of. She was the daughter that did ballet and played with barbie dolls. She was the daughter, that you loved! And you just hurt her. Like she was nothing."

Antonio ran over to Klarise and held her in his arms as she sobbed from the pain. He wanted her to live but if he couldn't do that, he could at least give her a peaceful death.

"Why do you treat people like chess pieces? Why do you discard them at the very last moment? Why are they all playing into your game?" Asked Maisey.

"In chess, you trick your opponent." Said Clarissa. "You do the unexpected."

A large piece of concrete fell, making Clarissa stumble, giving the others enough time to get out.

Maisey waited for Hank to untie her before she stood up and ran to the exit. Antonio carried Klarise through the door while Maisey held it open. The building was close to collapsing but that didn't mean anything to Maisey as she stared at Hank.

They held eye contact for a while as he shook his head, begging her not to do something that'll hurt them both. She grabbed his hand, tears running down her cheeks before she slammed the door shut. Hank ran forward, slamming and banging on the cold metal, begging Maisey to unlock it. Shoving a piece of wood across it, she blocked the door completely so no one could get in...or out.

Maisey turned around, her blood boiling as Clarissa stumbled to her feet, pulling herself up using the chair. She dumped herself down, blood spilling from her leg as she pointed her gun at Maisey, her breaths coming out heavy and uneven.