𝟬𝟮 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀The Last Straw

CHAPTER TWO
The Last Straw

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀The thing with karma is, it's never a welcome guest

It's not the type to ring the doorbell, nor to give you the luxury of patience until you're ready to face it. Instead, it barrels into your home at full force, burning red, when you least expect it - much like a bull, or a dawning realization.

For Sujin, it's the sound of her mother arriving home much earlier than expected.

"Shit... Shit. Shit. Shit- Shit!"

"What's wrong?" Heeseung whips his head around to the source of the seemingly unending string of curses, "What happened?"

His questions are only met with even more colorful language hissed in a low whisper.

"Sujin? Everything okay?"

"Quick! What's the date today?"

"Uh-" He hesitates, trying to remember off the top of his head, "The 23rd, I think."

"Shit!"

Cue another flurry of haphazard cursing, much to a very confused Heeseung's exasperation.

"Oh, come on!" He whines, gripping his best friend firmly by the shoulders. It's not until her lips purse shut that he continues slowly, "You wanna tell me what's going on, hm?"

Sujin groans in equal frustration, wordlessly dragging him by the arm back up the pool stairs.

"Hello? Earth to Sujin?"

"Long story, Hee." She yanks him out of the water with hurried steps, "Bottom line is, mom's home and she's gonna kill me." She pauses for a second before correcting herself, "Make that the both of us, actually. She's gonna kill both of us."

"Oh."

As soon as the pair are back on dry land, Sujin practically trips over her own feet in a scramble back to the sunloungers. Heeseung lets out a sigh, audible even from behind her back, "What did you do this time?"